Monday, June 28, 2021

It's not over.

Almost back to normal?  On Sunday night I met up with some friends for dinner at Cheesecake Factory.  I haven't really met up with anyone in almost a year or so, at least not like in a family environment.  Overall the night out was fun and relaxing but it also felt like nothing had ever happened and less than half the people were wearing masks or keeping distant from one another.  I continued to wear my mask even though I'm vaccinated but I don't want to be one who helps spreads this virus that still does exist.  It's great people are enjoying their lives but I miss the ones who did enjoy their lives but got sick by those who didn't care (mostly).  It is sad to think I won't see these friends again, I don't want to increase those number of friends I won't see again.

Weekly Update:

It is interesting how hot a room can get when there is no breeze, I now realize the function or the importance of a fan!  It did get fairly room this past week, I would say average high temp mid to high-80's.  Now that isn't bad but with no breeze it jumps 5 to 10 degrees more!  And if you work in the 2nd floor of your home, maybe add another few degrees on top of that.  I can see why single-story homes in Arizona cost more than 2-story homes.  So I had windows open on both ends of the house but without the slightest breeze, what should be maybe 80-degrees actually feels about 90-95 degrees.  I have some ceiling fans on but they are just circulating the room itself but not out of the room necessarily.  I need to break out the stand fans and start using those more... but how much electricity do those use compared to the AC unit for the house?  I know those space heaters take up a LOT of energy and not really worth it... so are regular fans just as bad in the power department?  I have no idea.

At the movies:

Zooming it's way to the #1 spot this weekend is F9: The Fast Saga with an 70 million opening and very close to expectations and predictions. Unsure how much fuel this movie will have as we head into the holiday weekend.  Holding ground at #2 is "A Quiet Place: Part II" with another 6.2 mil and not a lot to shout about here.  Big drop to #3 is "The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard" with 4.9 mil and a sizeable drop from #1 last week.  Slight drop to #4 is "Peter Rabbit 2: The Runaway" with 4.9 mil extra and quickly losing it's bounce.  Rounding off the top 5 and holding ground is "Cruella" with only 3.7 mil extra and still struggling along.

Quote of the week:
"We aim above the mark to hit the mark." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Facts & Tips:

Astronauts actually get taller when in space.

"Hell to the naw.  Look, I'm not down with this background singing nonsense.  I'm BeyoncĂ©, I ain't now Kelly Rowland." - Amber Riley as Mercedes Jones in the TV series "Glee."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home