Monday, August 02, 2021

Old lady...

My poor Shadow... Shadow is a rescue German Shepherd and have had her nearly 12+ years.  Unsure how old she was when first rescued but overall she is thought to be around 14 to 15 years now.  On Tuesday had a big scare, she couldn't get up or move, her back legs were immobile.  I had to carry her downstairs and also outside to go to the bathroom and she fell a lot.  I've been increasing some of her hip/joint supplements and over the rest of the week she continued to get better and better.  The poor girl, she's getting up there but still very food motivated and just wants to each all day.

Weekly Update:

I can't remember if I ever mentioned this before, maybe I have.  But have you noticed most people when they are crossing the street in a crosswalk, they tend to walk normal to fast from start to through the middle but then at the end, slow?  I was noticed that several times over the weekend while doing some errands and as I watched, as they got toward the next curb/corner they started to slow down.  And what is funny is if there are any cars who have to wait for someone to complete the journey, are those in the turn lane at that very corner just waiting.  I also saw this several times and it's almost the walker knows they have to wait and makes them wait.  Just a random observation and I'm sure it's not every person but yeah, just noticed a lot of folks doing it.  Funny thing is when I am crossing the street and coming to the end I tend to speed up for some odd reason.

At the movies:

Cruising into the #1 spot is Jungle Cruise with a sizeable 34.2 million.  A very decent number considering we are coming into the tail-ends of Summer.  Word-of-mouth is fair for the film so the coming weeks will be very telling.  New at #2 is The Green Knight with a very far distant 6.8 mil. It was also only about 1/2 the screen count but an average count at that.  Big drop down to #3 is "Old" with 6.8 mil as well, probably will continue to drop fast. Continuing to drop is "Black Widow" at #4 with another 6.4 mil.  Rounding off the top 5 is Stillwater with 5.1 mil for it's debut, this could be more of an award film but not a Summer blockbuster.

Quote of the week:
"A single sunbeam is enough to drive away many shadows." - Francis of Assisi

Facts & Tips:

The Snapple name combines the words Snappy and Apple.

"If I were hitting on you, you'd know it 'cause you'd feel uncomfortable and a little sad for me." - Kunal Nayyar as Raj Koothrappali in the TV series "The Big Bang Theory."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home