Monday, July 26, 2021

Summer Time (electric) Blues

Having a heat way, a Summer time heat wave... the temps continued to climb but haven't hit 100... yet!  I mean I sure hope they don't hit that high but it has been peaking in the 90 and forecast show same for next week.  I got my electric bill and I have to cut back on that AC but hard when you work on the 2nd floor of the house and heat rises.  Plus the dogs and their thick fur (well, one of them anyway) and always panting.  I try to keep them downstairs as much as possible but anything outside can set them off barking.  I will say though so far this year SoCal Edison has cut my AC off yet.  Last year they cut it off (but I could still run the fan) till almost 9PM most nights, some times till 7PM.  So I would just lay on the couch and not move with the house fan on and the ceiling fan going, just waiting for it to kick in.  I guess I just need to raise the temp to 78 degrees instead of 76 and hope that saves me a little bit on next month's electric bill.

Weekly Update:

Work kind of sucks... I mean not much more to say about that.  So for what I do in the unique position I'm in (between all the things), I kind of get shafted.  I get little to no incentives because I'm a lone-island where as the majority of my team are across the country... wait, not the majority, ALL OF IT but me.  So I have to adhere to different labor laws, tax laws, etc. ... which are all fine.  I often (VERY OFTEN) get forgotten in things but whatever, I'm used to it.  And I get thrown pretty much every where with no real thanks or compensation.  The one time I did ask for something, I was denied and I had to use my own personal days instead of the max'd out vacation I have.  All I want, just let me do my job.

At the movies:

Battle at the box office this week as the end of Summer is near!  New at #1 this week is Old with 16.5 million to open.  Not a terrible number but should have been higher and well below expectations.  Also new at #2 is Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe with a disappointing 13.5 mil.  Hopes of at least doubling that were in the air but came up... snake eyes.  Big drop down to #3 is "Black Widow" with another 11.6 mil but so far passing the 150 mil cume mark.  At this rate it should get to around 190 but likely will fall short of that 200 mark.  Big drop to #4 is "Space Jam: A New Legacy" with 9.6 mil more as it barely hits 50 mil total.  Not a lot of bounce left in this one with poor reactions.  Rounding off the top 5 is "F9: The Fast Saga" with 4.6 mil as it slows down, not going to make the 200 mark as well.

Quote of the week:
"We live in a rainbow of chaos." - Paul Cezanne

Facts & Tips:

One of Snapple's original founders ran a sardine and pickle store in Queens with his family.

"Wow, that's gotta hurt. I mean, he's always doin' that to you.  Stealing your thunder.  You remember the red head? In gardening? Boinked her behind the monkey grass.  And the asian in automotive? Did her on a pile of carburetors.  Oh, and the blonde in frozen foods, with the... doink! Doink! Turkey's done!  Remember her?" - Andy Dick as Lon in "Employee of the Month."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home