Monday, August 30, 2021

She won't tell you a thing...

Shadow is such a stoic dog, she never let's you know if or when she is in pain but she does let you know when she is hungry or wants attention.  I am going to miss this girl so much...  She is still doing very well, jumping up on the kitchen counter when it's meal time and doesn't wait for the food to be placed as she wants to eat now!  She loves her treats and even her meds which is interesting.  In the past I would need to hide them in different things but these particular ones she loves to eat them as treats!  Or maybe she just wants more food, however she still does not like lettuce.  She continues to pant a lot but like most German Shepherds, she has a very thick coat plus we are in a massive heat wave.  I have the AC going but with the energy efficient system it keeps altering my temperatures which is annoying.  My AC bill has been high and will be high but, to make this girl as comfortable as I can till her last days :(

Weekly Update:

I'm not sure if I shared this before but I've been trying to declutter.  Mostly recycle old papers and putting a lot of knick-knacks up on e-bay.  The slow part is the selling on ebay but at least things are selling.  I would say on average 2 to 4 things a month.  That may sound like nothing (and it is!) but that 2 to 4 things can equal $1oo to $300 so not really that bad.  Just makes the declutter process slower.  For example, once I sold a comic book, something that takes up the least amount of space for one comic book!  So selling that is nothing in the declutter process... but that book did sell for $300 (before shipping and fees) so it was a pretty penny.  I have the space to hold things, I just want more of that space back.  At least I am not actively purchasing new things except for necessities like food, replacing furniture or things like sheets and clothing.  I wonder about a garage sale but I don't think my neighborhood allows it plus it would probably take me 3 dedicated days to prepare for it by itself.  Oh well, I guess I will stay with the process at hand (image not mine, I feel like it's close but it's not).

At the movies:

New at #1 this weekend is Candyman with 22.4 million to open.  Pretty fair number as we close out Summer but I suspect this will have a quick decline.  Drop down to #2 is "Free Guy" earning an extra 13.6 mil and now just shy of 80 mil cume.  Still on a solid track to make over 100+ mil for domestic box office.  Drop down to #3 is "PAW Patrol: The Movie" with 6.6 mil as it hits 20 mil now.  Cruising down a bit to #4 is "Jungle Cruise" with 5 mil extra as it now hits 100 mil almost on the nose!  Rounding off the top 5 is "Don't Breathe 2" with 2.8 mil as it quickly runs out of air.

Quote of the week:
"I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best." - Oscar Wilde

Facts & Tips:

"Donut towns" are towns that are completely surrounded by other towns.

"Best thing we can do is just be ourselves, carry on in our typical, usual, distracting..." - James Van Der Beek as Dawson Leery in the TV series "Dawson's Creek."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home