Monday, August 09, 2021

Suck it up!

This past week was another heat wave.  Overall not bad but because no winds or breezes, felt so much hotter then it was.  I think the high was maybe 90 one day, although that is still very hot but when you are indoors, on the 2nd floor and no breeze, it does feel like 100 (just totally guessing and probably over-exaggerating that too).  But when I stare at a computer screen all-day for everything (not just work), and the heat of the machines (2 computers, it's not like they are blowing cold air out), the heat sort of piles up.  Once I was by the pool and had my phone out doing something, don't remember what... and it wasn't hot at all but the sun was beating on the back of my phone (which is black by the way).  I could feel it getting pretty warm and the phone shut itself off so it wouldn't overheat!  I thought that was a neat feature and glad it was there otherwise I wouldn't have noticed or known what is too hot to do harm to the phone itself.

Weekly Update:

Debating on getting another vacuum... what??  Ok not the most exciting thing in the world and I do already have two; one for upstairs and one for downstairs.  But in my defense, one was a gift and it was so cool I bought a smaller version of it for upstairs because of the space.  This way I don't have to bring the one up and down all the time.  So anyway, was looking a these vacuums that you don't move.  Basically they sit in one place and you sweep stuff to it to suck up.  Is it lazy not using a dustpan?  Maybe but I am discovering that 99% of the stuff I am sweeping is dog fur and sometimes when I scoop it or sweep into something to pick it up, it sometimes flies out because it's so light (it's just fur/hair).  So I found this neat stand-up stationary vacuum that I could just sweep it towards it and it sucks it right up.  Still researching it but I thought it would be cool.

At the movies:

The squad didn't quiet hit the mark as The Suicide Squad earns a below expectations of 26.5 million for it's debut.  Word-of-mouth is fair to good on the film though so not sure where the miss was.  Drop down to #2 is "Jungle Cruise" with another 15.7 mil which is a significant drop from last week.  Also dropping down is "Old" earning another 4.1 mil and quickly getting old and out.  Steadily declining to #4 is "Black Widow" earning 4 mil amidst some internal studio turmoil. Rounding off the top 5 is "Stillwater" with 2.9 mil as is flows out of the theatres.

Quote of the week:
"When one must, one can." - Charlotte Witton

Facts & Tips:

Ants won't cross a chalk line.

"My English is less terrible than your terrible English." - Matthew Loy as Han Lee in the TV series "2 Broke Girls."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home