Monday, May 16, 2022

Hot and hot!  This weather is being funky again as we hit temps in the very high 90's then they nearly drop 20 degrees the next day.  Telling you this is earthquake weather but I don't get why it shifts SO much!  No gradual change, it is like someone is flipping a light switch up and down some place and it affects the weather here.  But at least all the evenings have been nice and cool.  Some days with a nice breeze and other nights none which then makes it feel a lot warmer than it actually is. This past Winter was very dry, hardly any rain and thought it was very cool to cold, with no water it means this Summer will be extremely dry (probably) because we didn't have a balanced Winter.  We need to fix this!

Weekly Update:
When cooking fish, cook it right away.  Saturday I was so sick, pretty sure it was food poisoning but it was my own fault.  I rarely cook seafood and usually when I do it's pre-made stuff like fish sticks or something fish filets that you just microwave or put in the oven.  So, a couple of months ago I decided to get some fresh catfish because it was massively on sale and froze it as soon as I got home.  Then a few days ago I put in the fridge to defrost and maybe left it in there 4 days?  I guess that is not a good idea and I only ate 2 pieces and then 30 minutes later I was dying.  I was sweating so much and couldn't move, I am just glad it was my day off and I did all my errands in the morning.  I was quite proud of the batter I made, first time and everything tasted great.  The fish smelled fine so I thought it would be safe to eat... learned my lesson and if I ever see fish on sale again I am cooking it same day.

At the movies:
Holding strong at the #1 spot is "Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness" earning another 61 mill and now inches away from the 300 mil mark.  Likely will hit that in just another 2 or 3 days.  Holding ground at #2 is "The Bad Guys" with 6.9 mill and continues to try and reach 100 mil but may fall short.  Also holding at #3 "Sonic the Hedgehog 2" with 4.6 and quickly slowing down.  New at #4 is Firestarter with 3.8 mil and just a flicker of a light.  Rounding off the top 5 is "Everything Everywhere All at Once" with 3.3 mil and may be coming to an end.

Top movies that did not make the top 5:
Just one this week as Family Camp comes in at #9 with 1.4 mil and this will be breaking camp soon.

Quote of the week:
"Have patience. All things are difficult before they become easy." - Saadi

Facts & Tips:
It is illegal to play annoying games in the street in the UK.

"Does it shock you that 80 percent of my encounters with women have been without their knowledge?" - Scott Krinsky as Jeff Barnes in the TV series "Chuck."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home