Monday, April 11, 2022

How hot?!?

We had another heat wave and it was not a pretty one.  At least 2-days hit about 100 degrees (or at least 99 degrees) and it felt like it!  AC had to be turned on and during one night.  On Thursday morning at about 8AM it was already in the 80's and was getting worse.  The funny thing come Sunday it was 60 degrees, maybe the high at 62!  So where did this heat come from??  It kind of went from 70 to high 80 to 99 in just 3-days which makes no sense, weather makes no sense! Fortunately no fires came with that heat because it did get a little windy and was a very dry heat.  Usually that spurs up the arsonist or something else to cause a fire.  And the wind was a warm wind so it wasn't even pleasant or able to cool off with it!  Aren't we supposed to be getting April showers or is that just an old myth? We need some cloud sprinklers to occur.

Weekly Update:
You know what bugs me, socks with holes.  I just can't keep them or wear them and if they are patched up, I can feel the patch and that bugs me especially if they are on the bottom.  Growing up my mom used to patch up my socks and I would wear them but growing up I guess I didn't care or noticed.  Now I feel every thing part of the patch and it irritates me for some reason. I tried to make the socks last and live with the hole on the bottom till it's just simply too big but if there is a hole on the toe, that has to go right away.  If my toe sticks out of the sock, what's the point of wearing a sock after that?  Isn't the sock there to protect or cushion the whole foot and not just parts of it?  I wish you can recycle socks some how with all that material but... I don't know.

At the movies:
Zooming into first is Sonic the Hedgehog 2 earning 71 million for its debut.  Very solid number for the Spring Break season and word-of-mouth is generally good, could carry for a bit.  Big drop to #2 is "Morbius" with 10.2 mil, very substantial drop and will likely continue to plummet.  Slight drop to #3 is "The Lost City" with 9.2 mil and remains steady.  New at #4 is Ambulance with only 8.7 mil for it's debut and not going much further.  Rounding off the top 5 is "The Batman" with another 6.5 mil as it starts to wind down.

Quote of the week:
"Cherish all your happy moments; they make a fine cushion for old age." - Booth Tarkington

Facts & Tips:
The word utopia - an ideal place - ironically comes from a Greek word meaning "no place."

"Do you think if you get General Aidid, we will simply put down our weapons and adopt American democracy? That the killing will stop? We know this.  Without victory, there will be no peace.  There will always be killing, see? This is how things are in our world." - Treva Etienne as Abdullah 'Firimbi' Hassan in "Black Hawk Down."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home