Monday, June 06, 2022

Sleepless in Fullerton

This past week has been very odd and strange for me... I have gotten very little sleep and been restless for days (or nights that is).  I can't seem to turn off my brain and it just things random things like it's rambling.  I'm not one for sleep aids unless I'm sick, maybe this is going to cause me to be sick?  Lately I would say on average I sleep for an hour, wake up for a few, sleep maybe another 30 mins, wake up, sleep in 10 minute pockets here and there and then get up for work.  In total the average is maybe 2 1/2 hours a night.  I then have my morning caffeinated diet soda (don't drink coffee) and some how manage to function through my day.  Not sure if I am functioning correctly or what I am doing or saying is making sense to anyone but no one has said, "what did you say?" or "um, Tony, that didn't make sense."  So I must be a functioning zombie perhaps?  Is this what a zombie feels like?  Who knows... hope it doesn't last much longer though.

Weekly Updates:

Have you ever noticed how so many song's, basically from the 50's to now, are about love?  I know, I know, so what but what is interesting is when you have lost a loved one... either by passing or by maybe breaking up, ALL the songs you hear (or notice) are about love? I guess in reality they have always played but you hear them so often you may not think about it or listen then when your mind is so super focused, that is all you hear.  I wonder if it works in reverse like after you are married (just married) do you hear those same love songs?  Or what if your wife ran off with the plumber in your brand new Bronco and ruined by running into a tree... oh and your dog died?  Do all the country Western songs cover those?  Huh, it's an interesting and yet probably ever day phenomenon I suppose.

At the movies:

Holding it's pattern at #1 is Top Gun: Maverick with an extra 86 million and now a huge 291 mil cume!  The drop-off was well below the norm and this film should hit 300 in just another day probably!  Also holding it's place is Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness with 9.3 mil and closer now to 400!  Eating away at #3 is The Bob's Burgers Movie earning another 4.5 mil.  Bumping up a spot is The Bad Guys with 3.3 mil and getting close to 100 mil, it could make it!  And dropping down a spot is Downtown Abbey: A New Era finding another 3 mil and doing fairly good for this type of film.

Quote of the week:
"A friend is one who knows you and loves you just the same." - Elbert Hubbard

Facts & Tips:

Labor Day is the unofficial end of hot dog season.

"All right, which one of you wanted the clean menu?" - Faye Dewitt as Grace in "How to Frame a Figg."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home