Monday, June 13, 2022

It got all hot in here...

HEAT WAVE...

Well that didn't last long or as long as I had hoped.  The heat is back or starting up... now mind you it's not HOT but very warm and with no wind or breeze it feels like 10 degrees warmer than it should be.  So it averaged around mid-80's during the week but two factors that made it seem much warmer (or hotter) are 1) I work upstairs so all the heat rises and 2) as mentioned, no breeze or wind to circulate the air.  So I did have to run my fan and the AC a few times but just hate using that energy and the $$$ that comes with it for Southern California.  The nights are cooler in the 60's but still sleep with the window open and the ceiling fan on to generate that wind needed.

Weekly Update:

This past week has been kind of rough and filled with some major and emotional challenges for me which I am not either accustomed to nor was prepared for!  My mind is kind of toast right now as I write this because of a lot of work I've been doing along with being hit or kind of blindsided with some personal yet emotional news.  Needless to say, this week has not been good at all and I am just drained mentally and physically from it.  I am not sure how long it will take me to recover, if I recover at all to be honest but I'm still here and floating by.  All I can say is I need a break from it all... just a break, not sure how long I would need but any amount of time would be great of not having a care in the world and something to worry about.  But there is always something and likely will always be something.  I wish all of this would go away but it won't.  Things that just stick with you forever I suppose or will stick with you till the end and all you can do is replay all the incidents and what you could have done differently to avoided or have made it better... the good finish last, the trying die alone... is that a saying?  I mean I know the first part is but man that is a pretty good saying I think!

At the movies:

A new roar at the box office as Jurassic World: Dominion takes the crown for its debut earning a hefty 143.4 million.  Should get to 200 mil in no time and onward to more!  Drop down to #2 is Top Gun: Maverick with another 50 mil  even and just shy of 400 mil.  Expect that in another day.  Also dipping down to #3 is Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness with 4.9 mil as it is also just shy of 400 mil! Appears everything shifted one down as The Bob's Burgers Movie claims #4 this week earning another 2.3 mil.  Rounding off the top 5 is The Bad Guys with 2.3 mil as it crawls closer to 100 mil cume.

Quote of the week:
"You cannot shake hands with a clenched fist." - Indira Gandhi

Facts & Tips:

Mistletoe is evergren - even after a tree's leaves have fallen, it stays green.

"I mean, I know it's really hard to meet guys right now, with the apocalypse and stuff. Trust me. And like I know that you miss Perry. But Julie, this is just weird. Like, I wish the internet was still working so I could just look up what whatever it is that's wrong with you." - Lio Tipton as Nora in "Warm Bodies."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home