Monday, July 25, 2022

The heat came back...

We had a nice short lived week of semi-coolness but the heat came back.  Not as bad but, where did all this humidity come from?!  So we hit the 80's mark all week but it felt like closer to 90 with the humidity and no winds (again).  That all adds up to a higher electric bill for me!!  Gah why is electricity so expensive in California... don't we get enough sun and wind to generate both solar and wind energy to run our state?? I really wish 1) I could afford solar energy for my house and 2) that I wouldn't have to worry about it being hit by miss-fired golf balls from all the terrible golfers who think they are semi-pros and can arch a ball over the trees to save a stroke on a par 4 course that is my backyard.

Weekly Update:

Speaking of the heat... I got this little fan the other day at Costco people were raving about.  It's called Woozoo?  It's a nice little desktop fan, pretty powerful for its size and extremely quiet!  The jury is still out though on how cool it can make me but supposedly it works up to a room almost 400 sq. feet!  It does move left to right and up and level independently or at the same time which is pretty nice.  Reminds me of like a globe due to its size.  But so far I like the size and how much room I save, the quietness of it and so far it works well.  I am not quiet sure what all the hype is about this fan yet as I see images of people putting it in their luggage for trips or in their car for camping.  Don't quiet get that and even though it's fairly small... it still takes up space if you bring it with you plus you need to find a plug or power source.

At the movies:

New at #1 is Nope with a decent 44 million to open.  Word-of-mouth is solid for this film and should carry it to 100 mil for the Summer.  Drop down to #2 is Thor: Love and Thunder with another 22.1 mil and now closing in on 300 mil cume for domestic.  Should get there maybe in another full week. Holding it's ground at #3 is Minions: The Rise of Gru with 17.7 mil extra and also shy of 300 mil cume, this should only take another day or two tops. Slight drop to #4 is Where the Crawdads Sing with 10.3 mil and will continue a steady decline.  Rounding off the top 5 is Top Gun: Maverick with 10 mil more as it starts to lose its thrust at the box office.

Quote of the week:
"Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative." - Oscar Wilde

Facts & Tips:
Pressurized plane cabin air is the same average humidity of the Sahara Desert.

"Its my business if I think my asset is in too deep." - Ian Anthony Dale as Adam Noshimuri in the TV series Hawaii Five-0

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home