Monday, November 07, 2022

Winter is here!!!

Wow talk about massive shift in weather change!  The cold has arrived but will it stay?  I hope so because we need a winter and we got a night of rain which was great.  More rain is due this coming week but I hope this is a sign of a "wet" Winter.  Our winter-season is generally just rain but the last couple of years have been very dry with little or no rain.  So with rain coming this early, I hope it just simply continues for the rest of the season. I miss our winter's in SoCali which is just simply rain but man... we have been so dry for at least a decade if not longer... please rain dancers, do your thing this year so we can just refill our reservoirs back up! Oh but this would also mean snow on the mountains which will turn into an additional water supply in the spring and summer.  See, rain is so important to us in many many ways!

Weekly Update:

I visited the parks (Disneyland, California Adventure) a couple of times this past week.  It was packed!  I definitely didn't feel comfortable and I forgot to bring my mask with me but tried to avoid as many people as I could.  I heard China is super strict right now as they are trying to eliminate Covid and all variants completely where as here, we seem to think it's all fine now.  I am fine with no masks but we should still have capacity restrictions for safety of not just either but the cast who work there and almost have to interact with so many people directly and face-to-face.  But since I have been back been take some precautions just in case with some vitamin C and Tylenol plus the fact it's been freezing here as well which could lower my immune system a bit.

At the movies:

After a 3rd week at #1 (and final week at this spot), Black Adam earns an extra 18.5 million and as reached just over 130 mil cume domestic.  After this week it will significantly drop but it had a fair run while it lasted. New at #2 is One Piece Film: Red earning 9.5 mil, these random anime showing up make a fair splash at the box office and then disappear quickly.  But the thing is, it doesn't matter and it's just extra money for them as these are more-or-less re-releases from Japan dubbed in English or subtitled. Slight drop to #3 is Ticket to Paradise with 8.5 as this quickly wraps up as well.  Holding ground at #4 is Smile with 4 mil and JUST shy of 100 mil cume.  It should get that by tomorrow end-of-day.  Drop down to #5 is Prey for the Devil with 3.9 mil more and wraps up this little film that came and went.

Quote of the week:
I don't want to be interesting.  I want to be good" - Ludwig Mies van der Rohe

Facts & Tips:

Eleveness is a break for light refreshments taken at 11AM in England

"Can we stop calling it 'walking through a door' because for me I feel it's more like sliding past a drape." - Max Greenfield as Schmidt in the TV series New Girl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home