Monday, November 14, 2022

brrrrr it's cold here!

Well... the rain came and went which is sad with no forecast of us having anymore for now.  But, it is freezing which is nice as it finally feels like winter!!  I would say now the hottest it has gotten is maybe low 70's but the average seems to be just high 60's.  I love this weather because there is a nice crispness in the air all the time due to the cold.  It feels fresh and like the winters I grew up with in SoCali. Maybe I can use the fireplace but honestly I do not get a lot of heat from that and it just looks nice but at the same time uses up gas as it's not a traditional wood burning one.  I guess on that plus side I don't have to worry about cleaning it all the time and the soot and ash it creates each time.  So it's a clean fire?  I have started running the heat a couple of times at night which feels odd since just like a week or two ago I was running the AC!  BUT, my electric bill should drastically drop as long as it stays cold!

Weekly Update:

I've had to do some errands that took me all over town and noticed that traffic seems to be fully back since early 2020.  Roads, freeways, side-streets and parking lots all crazy with cars again.  It was so nice during lockdown when there was hardly any cars and going from point A to B would take 5 minutes is now taking back up to 50 minutes.  It was nice while it lasted I suppose but now more gas will be used due to traffic, more smog produced and more headaches for everyone.  I thought we figured out how to work from home yet everyone is back to commuting.  Have we learned nothing on how to save energy and the planet with using less resources and saving?  I guess we haven't... we are a very sad and disappointing species.

At the movies:

Long live the king... taking the weekend by storm (but no big surprise) is Black Panther: Wakanda Forever earning a hefty 180 million.  Slightly below expectations but a huge number all the same.  It will be interesting to see the drop-off from week 1 to 2 and how that will play for the rest of the year.  At a very distant #2 is Black Adam with 8.6 mil more as it hits the 150 mil mark and quickly losing steam.  Holding ground at #3 is Ticket to Paradise with another 6.1 mil and doing fairly well for this little film.  Coming back up in the charts at #4 is Lyle, Lyle, Crocodile with 3.2 mil but not making a whole lot of green.  Rounding off the top 5 and another one going back up in the ranks is Smile with 2.3 mil extra as it now just hit the 100 mil cume mark for domestic box office.

Quote of the week:
"The way to get things done is not to mind who gets the credit for doing them." - Benjamin Lowett

Facts & Tips:

A man once ate an entire airplane- it took him 2 years.

"Brave is going where no man has gone before." - Helen McCrory as Polly Gray in the series Peaky Blinders.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home