Monday, February 13, 2023

Chill out and wait

Go honk yourself!  Drivers out there are getting pretty rude lately and there is no reason for it.  So I was at a light waiting to make a right turn and it goes green but people entered the crosswalk so I waited for them to, well... cross!  It was night and the car behind me honks at me, um, I have to wait for people to cross you idiot.  There was no point in that honking as I knew it was green but I have to wait for pedestrians, it's that thing called the law.  Once the people got to the end of the cross walk, one guy looked at me and gave me a thumbs up as if he knew it wasn't me honking and saying thanks for waiting.  So many drivers lately are just simply rude.

Weekly Update:

It got so cold this past week AND so dry!  It was so dry, I got a bloody nose (after I blew my nose, it started to bleed).  Just because it gets cold doesn't mean moisture, quiet the opposite in fact.  And it's not the moisture in the air being frozen, it just simply does not exist.  But I did get a pretty good nose bleed on Sunday while doing some stuff and had to do the old stuff the tissue in the nostril for a bit to absorb and keep it clean trick.  It worked of course but I left it in the nose for a good 30 or so minutes before taking it out and it was covered.  But hey it at least it stopped it and now every so often when I blow my nose, I see dry blood so it could start up again, just have to be careful.  I can't remember when I had a bloody nose last time, but I can remember where... Vegas.  Las Vegas is generally so dry, I get a nose bleed every time I go within the first day or two.

At the movies:

A new #1 dances into the crown as Magic Mike's Last Dance earns a very low 8.2 million for it's debut.  Not a great number for this franchise but for this time or year, it is fair.  No doubt they were aiming for the female audience thinking they do not like sports (aka Super Bowl Sunday). Climbing back up to #2 is Avatar: The Way of Water with another 6.9 mil as it almost hits the 650 mil mark, maybe another day or two to reach that. Resurfacing at #3 is Titanic - 25 Year Anniversary with 6.4 mil and that is pretty much all profit at this point.  Drop down to #4 is 80 for Brady with 6 mil extra and not a bad drop in dollars.  Rounding off the top 5 and taking a big drop from #1 is Knock at the Cabin with 5.5 mil more and this one is one-and-done.

Quote of the week:
"Treasure your relationships, not your possessions." - Anthony J. D'Angelo

Facts & Tips:

Russia and the United States of America are less than 3 miles apart.

"Five hundred POUNDS of it!  C'mere c'mere c'mere, you're gonna LOVE this! A dash of perchloric acid, a smidgen of cobalt, a hint of hydrogen peroxide, SUPER HEATED TO FIVE HUNDRED KELVIN and... TDAAA! Pretty great, huh?" - Genesis Rodriquez as Honey Lemon in Big Hero 6.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home