Monday, January 16, 2023

It's back... water from sky!

Mass rain has come back and I hope it's here to stay a bit longer than last time.  The water is so nice to have... I mean to live, we need it to live people!  But I can't wait to see the mountains off in the distance covered with even more snow when it clears up but at the same time, I can wait for it to clear up!  More clouds, more rain or at least less evaporation with no sun for awhile. Also been extremely colder but not freezing, again another good thing. Up till this point our Winter has been very mild so if this means we are having a later Winter, that works for me. Wouldn't it be cool (pun intended) if it got cold enough we got some snow flurries?  I know it can happen, was it just last year one night we had ice all over because it rained and it was so cold... more of that, I like having actual seasons once and awhile.

Weekly Update:

Focaccia me? Focaccia you! This past weekend I wanted to try and make focaccia bread (again). I tried to make it before but I know I did something wrong as it came out as a very dimpled flat bread that was very hard like a cracker almost. So tried it again and it turned out much better but still not perfect (or the way I wanted it).  I think I put too much salt but it still is edible.  I didn't have the crystal flake salt so I used kosher and I guess that is more closer to table salt than being lighter and airy.  I also think my yeast wasn't as fresh as it didn't pillow but remained more flat however definitely not as hard as before so that is a plus!  I'll get it eventually as this is my only my 2nd attempt and it's not easy making it all the time because of the time it takes (8+ hours in the fridge to set and then another 4 hours before baking).  So though it's an easy bread to make, just a time suck because of the waiting. (Picture not my bread).

At the movies:

Hanging on to #1 for a 5th week is Avatar: The Way of Water with 31.1 million extra, another 32% drop which isn't bad but it continues to steadily decline with still a long way to go if it's going to do as well as the first one (domestically).  Also holding at #2 is M3GAN with 17.9 mil and it slowly will fade out.  Maintaining at #3 is Puss in Boots: The Last Wish with 13.4 mil and passes the 100 mil mark. Complaining at #4 still is A Man Called Otto with 12.7 mil extra which is a massive increase for this movie. New at #5 is Plane flying in with 10 mil to open, really not a lot to say on this one and will remain grounded going forward.

New movies that did not make the top 5:

Just one this week at #6 is House Party with 3.9 mil to open and it ended before it started.

Quote of the week:
"Living well is the best revenge." - George Herbert

Facts & Tips:
Early tales of leprechauns reported red clothing.

"Ooh... get a whiff of that.  Here comes the human." - Nikki Reed as Rosalie Hale in Twilight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home