Monday, March 13, 2023

Minus one hour of sleep

DAYLIGHT SAVING EDITION

Saturday night into Sunday morning we lost an hour of sleep as we jump forward an hour in time.  Most states in the US observe it and I don't mind it.  I know so many people who don't but hey, you get it back in the Fall with an extra hour of sleep! I don't mind losing that hour as long as I don't have to work so it's an easy adjustment the following day for me.  But I have had to wake up an hour early before because of it and that really makes things drag (for me at least).  So this year it was nice since I didn't have to work!

Weekly Update:

The other day I was at Costco and I noticed one of their parking rows they had a pedestrian walk-way between the line of cars.  Why aren't these every where? There are a lot of reasons to have these and to just name a few... safety of people walking to and from their cars so they are not in the street or driving lane of the parking lot.  Also if you pull into the spot backwards, quick and easy loading your car because you will be doing it in the walk-lane!  But I did notice when coming back to my car, at least 2 people left their empty cards in the walk-way it completely blocked it so that sucked. However that is more inconsideration than the aisle not being good or working.  I will say I can see only one draw-back of having these walking aisle is they do require space and you lose maybe...3 to 4 feet per row.

At the movies:

Slashing its way to #1 and new at the box office is Scream VI with a hefty 44.5 million to open!  BIG numbers for this film and franchise, let's see how it holds up for the long run.  Drop down to #2 is Creed III with another 27.2 mil and now passes the 100 mil mark but just barely.  This film should be able to go another round.  New at #3 is 65 with 12.3 mil and not a whole lot more on this one. Continuing to slide down to #4 is Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania with 7 mil more and should get to 200 mil in another few days but not much left after that.  Rounding off the top 5 is Cocaine Bear with 6.2 mil extra and overall had a good run.

New movies that did not make the top 5:
Just one this week as Champions comes in at #7 with 5.2 mil and couldn't make it score.

Quote of the week:
"Fortune favors the prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur

Facts & Tips:
One is the only number with letters in reverse alphabetical order.

"I remember what I was drinking when I met you. It was a grande espresso." - Michael Hitchcock at Hamilton Swan in Best in Show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home