Monday, May 08, 2023

The long weekend

Sick puppy alert!  Poor Orion was sick this past weekend and not sure with what or why.  He recently turned 14, 14!!!!  and does have trouble getting around a bit but overall healthy.  Not sure what happened but came down the stairs Sunday morning and saw poop all over.  He likes to sleep downstairs on the couch, that is his spot and hates when anyone else is on it even though there is PLENTY of room, it is all his.  Hopefully it was a momentary illness of some kind and has passed, the doodie was solid at least but a lot of cleaning up to do.  Poor puppers, hope whatever it was is now out of his system and semi-back to normal for him. (Image is a stock photo and not of Orion).

Weekly Update:

Spent more time at Disneyland this week and it heated up a bit but not too bad.  I had a craving for some shawarma but at the time I went they only had the plant-based breakfast shawarma instead of the regular lunch/dinner version (not till 11AM).  I wasn't sure if I was going to be around till then so I guess I'll get it another time.  I did end up staying till almost noon but I didn't want to bring that back with me in the car when I still had errands to run.  I should be back in the park again soon so, knowing the regular one isn't available till 11AM, I can adjust accordioning.  They are good at the park, not sure what it is but I do like them and they are very close to a gyro.  I wonder what makes them technically different, maybe region in which they originate from?  But, I like them both... one of each please!

At the movies:

No surprise at #1 this weekend as Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 takes the crown for its debut.  A hefty 114 million to open but just a tad lighter than most anticipated. 2nd week will be a huge tell on this films successfulness.  Slight drop down to #2 is The Super Mario Bros. Movie with another 18.6 mil as it now passes the 500 mil cume mark.  Still a lot of legs left in this film and will be fun to watch where it will end up.  Dip down to #3 is Evil Dead Rise with an extra 5.7 mil as this slowly tapers off.  Following the course, at #4 is Are you there, God? It's Me Margaret with 3.4 mil and this film has gotten some decent word-of-mouth.  Rounding off the top 5 and new is Love Again 
with 2.4 mil for its debut and will likely disappear in no time.

Quote of the week:
"What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?" - Vincent Van Gogh

Facts & Tips:

It takes an interaction of 72 muscles to produce human speech.

"I, Craig, take you, Christina, to be my wife, my best friend and my first mate. Through sickness and health, clear skies and squalls." - Geoff Stults as Craig in Wedding Crashers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home