Monday, April 24, 2023

It's getting hot in here...

So a taste of Summer has finally arrived at end of this past week.  Well, I guess not fully but it got up to 80 on Friday and Saturday which felt like 90 to me!  I think I have gotten so used to 50 degree weather but no rain which is sad.  April is already halfway over and no showers?  April Showers is a lie... or at least it is now with how the Earth rotates and moves around the Sun and all of that, things shift and change so does the weather.  So we need a new saying other than April Showers... maybe April Fog?  We have gotten more foggy mornings this month than anything else which is cool (and cooler in temperature) but more fitting now.

Weekly Update:

Do you have a credit card that gives you cash back or anything back?  No? Why??  I may have posted about this before but here is a reminder if I did, GET ONE.  If you don't have a credit card that is not giving you something back but simply charging you an annual fee, time to change!  I have several credit cards (although I don't use at least 2 of them) but all of the give me some kind of rewards if I use them.  My primary card is the Costco Visa and I get an average of 1.5% back on all my purchases, some 3% but most 1% but at least every dollar I spend, I get something back at the end of year.  I pay it all off month-to-month so that ensures all the cash back is pure rewards.  I have a Discover card that changes rewards every 3 months but if I use it for that particular reward (right now it's 5% on restaurant purchases), I am getting cash back that I would have spent otherwise with no reward!  So find them, you are going to use a card with or without a reward so why not get something back?

At the movies:

Still jumping at #1 is The Super Mario Bros. Movie with an extra 58.2 million and a very small drop from the previous week!  Now over 400 mil, quickly on it's way to half a billion in no time!  New at #2 is Evil Dead Rise with a good 23.5 million and should be sticking around a bit.  New at #3 is Guy Ritchie's The Covenant with 6.3 million and a good number for this film.  Another small drop to #4 is John Wick: Chapter 4 with 5.8 mil as this film continues to make it's way to 200 mil but might fall just shy of it.  And holding on to the #5 spot is Air  with 5.5 mil more and likely to disappear after this week.

Quote of the week:
"Either I will find a way, or I will make one." - Philip Sidney

Facts & Tips:

A bolt of lightning can reach temperatures hotter than the sun.

"Dude you need to chill out, I'm not ESPN." - Aimee Teegarden as Julie Taylor in the TV series Friday Night Lights.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home