Monday, May 01, 2023

Disneyland or bust!

Need sleep, now...  I had a rough week of very little sleep and the one day I did have off, I still woke up at my normal time.  WHY!!! I was out most nights but got back not too late, I guess when I did get home I was wired with energy that it made it way harder to fall asleep.  I'm not sure when I fell asleep each night but I did wake up extremely tired and my regular caffeine hit of diet soda wasn't helping too much.  Hopefully the rest will catch up but then I am wondering, did I ever catch up from the last time I was so tired... maybe I didn't.

Weekly Update:

Made several visits to Disneyland this past week, had a few friends in town so hung out with them when I could.  The nights were pretty chilly too but the days were cool too.  It was supposed to warm up but it stayed cool (or cold at times) so this weather we are having is very wonky.  But it was still overall nice weather for me and got to use my jackets again!  And, I finally saw the Wondrous show but not in it's full effect (no fireworks).  I caught it on Small World and it was pretty cool, I would have to imagine it being better on Small World than the actual castle with no fireworks.  Since Small World is flat and wide, it makes it like a projection screen which is perfect for this show.  I do want to try and catch it with fireworks some day but for now, it was nice.

At the movies:

A strong hold on #1 for the 4th week-in-a-row is The Super Mario Bros. Movie with another 40 million extra and now very close to 500 mil domestic.  It should get there by the end of the week and just in time as Chris Pratt will de-throne Chris Pratt from Mario to Guardians!  Holding at a distant #2 is Evil Dead Rise with another 12.2 mil as it climbs out but not much further.  New at #3 is Are you there, God? It's Me Margaret with 6.8 mil and an odd time to release a film of this nature.  Still at #4 is John Wick: Chapter 4 with 5 mil more as it slowly winds down but had a good run.  Rounding off the top 5 is the re-release of Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (1997) earning 4.7 mil. It may continue to play at some theatres a bit longer but mostly just a one-time thing.

New movies that did not make the top 5:
We have two this week!  Coming in at #8 is PS-2 with 3.6 mil but only on about 600 runs.  The per screen average was very low so this will be out in no time.  Showing up at #10 is Sisu with 3.5 mil and this was on 1000 screens and also will be out before it was in.

Quote of the week:
"People change and forget to tell each other." - Lillian Hellman

Facts & Tips:

At the deepest point in the ocean, the water pressure is equivalent to having about 50 jumbo jets piled on top of you.

"Don't call me 'Bones'." - Emily Deschanel as Dr. Temperance Brennan in the TV series Bones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home