Monday, May 22, 2023

Hi-chew? yes please!

Hi-Chew? Where have these been all my life?!?  Ok, I have heard of them and I have seen them in the stores but never really tried one before till just this past week and they are good!  It's almost like I am eating mochi, are they mochi?  It does say contain soybean but all I have are tiny individually wrapped ones so not sure what the actual ingredients are... so are they made of rice turned to mochi?  I will have to do some research but they are yummy!  Not too sweet, tiny so I can have one and tasty!  The flavors I had were mango and green apple.  Both sweet but as mentioned, not overly or even too sweet, really just right for me.  Next time I see these in a store, I will have to pick some up and try some other flavors!

Weekly Update:

Welcome to Florida... as long as you are a heterosexual Caucasian.  The state of Florida is like traveling back in time... gays are not allowed, Hispanic descent is frowned upon and being African-America is not being American.  Recently the state has moved to prevent those being LGBTQ from receiving medical treatment in that doctor's now have the right to refuse care.  They have anti-immigration legislative which is forcing works out of the state and now the NCAAP has issued travel warnings to the state.  These are the kind of warnings that are issued to places like Afghanistan, Beirut and Jerusalem but now Florida?  Someone needs to start a coup or something just for that state and retake humanity... decency or how about just American.  This country is founded on the belief of equality and yet, Florida is the exception?  Don't go there!

At the movies:

Speeding up to #1 for its debut is Fast X earning a fair 67.5 million.  A good number but not great for this franchise as I'm sure the studio was aiming towards a triple digit opening weekend.  This film may have a quick burn-out.  Slight drop down to #2 is Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 with 31.9 mil extra as it quickly approaches the 300 mark and should get there quite possibly by the end of next week!  Also a slight drop to #3 is The Super Mario Bros. Movie with 9.8 mil and won't reach the 600 mil mark for domestic box office but it had a very amazing run!  Following the drop to #4 is Book Club: The Next Chapter with 3 mil extra and will tap out soon.  And rounding off the top 5 is Evil Dead Rise with 2.4 mil as this small horror film did well overall.

Quote of the week:
"Silence is the sleep that nourishes wisdom." - Francis Bacon

Facts & Tips:
Women's hearts typically beat faster than men's hearts.

"Scum recognizes scum. I'm scum. And I've survived this long by recognizing the same." - Damion Poitier as Goldface in the TV series The Flash.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home