Monday, May 29, 2023

Weather signs ahead

Did I beat a sore throat this week?  Earlier in the week I had a bunch of stuff going on and had massive lack of sleep!  I think with that mixed with this crazy cold weather we have had, my throat was starting to get sore on Tuesday.  I tried to eat warm things and drink some tea, started taking my Tylenol like I do also been taking this Airborne gummies that help with immunity.  So I went to sleep with my throat not so great but woke up the next day like nothing was there!  I was still on lack of sleep though but I feel as if I conquered the pending throat of sore and vanquished it only to fight and do battle another day.  But, that is a story for another time (when it happens again or something).

Weekly Update:

Ok, what happened this week other than not getting much sleep (which is the usual for me)... hmmm, other than working, I guess not a whole lot.  Oh there was maybe three times this week I almost turned on the HEAT!!  We are in May and I almost had to turn on the heater for the house... I like the cold but just am not prepared for it.  What will happen when it heats up to 90 or even triple digits, will I just completely melt away now that my body has gotten to these cold temps??  June Gloom and April Showers... why do people keep saying these things when it's clearly MAY!  Where did they get their calendars from and these are clearly not the cases anymore.

At the movies:

Swimming its way to #1 is the live-action The Little Mermaid with a holiday gross of 95.5 million. Just under the low end of expectations, Disney needed a win this weekend but unfortunately this wasn't it.  Still a good box office but the hope was at least triple digits and no doubt will suffer a big 2nd week loss.  Coming in 2nd place for it's 2nd week is Fast X with 23 mil extra as it just passes the 100 mil mark.  This film continues to under perform and a good sign this franchise is done.  Holding ground at #3 is Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 with 19.9 mil more and JUST shy of 300 mil, should get that some time tomorrow.  After 8 weeks, holding ground at #4 is The Super Mario Bros. Movie with 6.3 mil and will finish off in the high 500s for domestic box office.  Rounding off the top 5 is The Machine with only 4.9 mil for its debut and will quickly disappear.

New movies that did not make the top 5:
Have a few this week, I guess everyone was trying to counter-program against Mermaid when they didn't need to.  New at #6 is About My Father with 4.3 mil to open and this will be down and out in no time. Right behind it at #7 is Kandahar with 2.4 mil and will be lucky to hold any screens for week 2.  Last but not least at #8, You Hurt My Feelings with 1.4 mil for its debut but this one was on fewer screens (912 to be exact) and I can see that being cut-in-half by Thursday.

Quote of the week:
"Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers." - Voltaire

Facts & Tips:

Adults laugh only about 15 to 100 times a day, while preschoolers laugh an average of 300 times a day.

"What he did, what he's done, is not your fault.  You don't have to pay for his mistakes." - Jason George as Justin Russell in Breaking In.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home