Monday, August 07, 2023

Humidity, it was here and it went

It is really amazing how humidity can really affect the weather.  The humidity finally broke this week and even though it was still in the 90's... it felt like in the 80's!  It is interesting how it not only adds 10+ more degrees to the existing temps but feel even cooler?  Yeah this is why I don't like humidity one bit and it doesn't matter time of day or in the shade or not, it still sticks to you!  But I'm glad we are back to our dry, yet cooler heat if that sounds odd but it's true.  Now if the rest of the Summer can just maintain this level till we get to Fall season and into Winter, I will be very happy (and also comfortable!).  I'm sure we are still due for some temps just over 100, but again, no humidity and I will be just fine.  I can run my regular fans instead of the AC!

Weekly Update:

So not sure if I shared this trick or not and it wasn't my idea but a friend.  You know when you go to a store like Costco and they have 3rd party vendors who are trying to sell you something or sign up for something?  Hey do you want to remodel your kitchen?  Want to redo your backyard?  Have you thought about solar?  They are pretty annoying and paying a membership to those places, one would hope your shopping would be hassle free but nope.  But a great trick someone shared with me is tell them two simple words and they leave you alone... "I rent."  It has worked since my friend told me that and if I have to walk by them again, they don't bother me!  It's great!

At the movies:

We are still in her world as Barbie holds on to #1 with a commanding lead!  Earning another 53 million, this film is very close to 500 mil domestic and will get there in no problem and in no time!  New At #2 is Meg 2: The Trench with 30 mil for it's debut.  Solid opening but not a whole lot of buzz on this film compared to it's predecessor.  Slight drop to #3 is Oppenheimer with 28.7 mil and now over 200 mil cume and continues to grow.  Won't reach Barbie numbers but considering the limited number of shows, great number.  New at #4 is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem with 28 mil for the weekend but did a 5-day total of 43.1 mil.  Overall good number and unsure how this film will carry at the moment.  Rounding off the top 5 is Haunted Mansion with 8.9 mil extra and this film won't hit any milestones.

Quote of the week:
"Ideologies separate us.  Dreams and anguish bring us together." - Eugene Ionesco

Facts & Tips:
The ostrich produces a booming noise, often confused with a lion roar.

"Well I hate to break it to you, but your forty-eight minutes are up." - Morena Baccarin as Vanessa Carlysle in Deadpool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home