Monday, October 02, 2023

I don't know anymore

I feel like our weather forecast was always very accurate and deviates very slightly but not enough to make it a big difference on what is forecasted. It seems lately it has been way off and not sure what to make of that or the cause.  If they said 5-days from now it will be raining and cold, it will rain and be cold.  This past weekend we were some rain and never got any.  It was overall cloudy with the hint of some rain but, never came down.  It was cold, which was nice but how am I supposed to plan on turning off my sprinklers when it's not going to happen?  Has our capabilities to predict weather gotten so bad or has global warming changed things up so much?  Either way, we need to figure it out please!  The say later this coming week it will be in the 90's, now I hope that isn't true!!  So I guess we'll wait and see.  But come on weather reports, get better.  Don't we have all this technology now?

Weekly Update:

Not sure if I mentioned this before but in June-July my Del Taco account got hacked and someone charged over $100 with the credit card on file between 2 different orders.  I filed a police report and reported it to Del Taco and nothing since has been done by them.  I even called twice to get a follow-up and they said they will notify the accounting team and yet still nothing.  I did hear back from the police and the case will go inactive unless it comes up again so, I decided to release the hounds and finally had Citibank take care of it.  The downside of that is now I have to get a new card and redo all my autopayments.  The upside, within 2-days I received a notification that I will be credited the amount that was lost.  Great service from Citibank but everyone else involved (Del Taco, police) kind of failed.

At the movies:

Move over horror as the cuteness of Paw Patrol: The Mighty Movie takes the #1 seat.  Above average opening for this time of year with 23 million and could fade away quickly but for now, it's #1.  New at #2 is Saw X with 18 mil, a bit low for this franchise could be a tad worn out.  Word-of-mouth is actually good on this film but could just plain tired maybe.  New at #3 is The Creator with only 14 mil to open and not a great number considering the budget on this sci-fi action-drama.  This film will surely take a bath on its returns. Big drop to #4 is The Nun II with 4.7 mil extra and quickly wrapping up.  New at #5 is The Blind with 4.1 mil and will be out before it got started.

Quote of the week:
"Two roads diverged in a wood and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference." - Robert Frost

Facts & Tips:

Peanut butter can be converted into diamonds.

"Just by going fast enough, you can ride on water with a motorcycle." - Jamie Hyneman from the TV show Mythbusters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home