Monday, September 25, 2023

Slippery when wet

Another nice cool week, in fact it drizzled a little bit which is a welcome relief.  I had to sleep with my windows closed again because it got too cold!  It feels like an early Winter upon us but I know some warmer days still lie ahead.  However, I do hope this means the Winter will be nice and frosty for a change!  But the water from sky was just enough to cover the ground to make it look wet, not enough to water all the grass and plants.  I'll take what I can get though, not complaining at all, just means no need for the AC to be on and that is a big money saver here in SoCali!  If I can get away with no more AC from now till next year, I will be a happy camper!

Weekly Update:

I had a great opportunity to visit the Disney studio archives... well ok, that in itself is not a big deal as I've been to the archive showroom many times but this time I got an in-depth tour which I was not expecting at all.  And on top of that, I got a private tour of Walt's office on the lot which is usually done in small groups. But to have your own private tour was pretty cool.  It was a really nice visit to the studio that I do miss very much.  I used to go there all the time when I was at Miramax and took the employee shuttle from our offices to there for lunch or random events.  Studio life... I want to come back!

At the movies:

For a 3rd week-in-a-row The Nun II holds the #1 spot with another 8.4 million and still struggling along.  This is a very lull time of year for movies with everyone fully back-to-school and work after the Summer breaks.  New at #2 is Expend4bles with only 8.3 mil to open and not a very shocking result.  This franchise was basically done after the 2nd (maybe even the 1st) film.  These do well overseas though with the action but the actual return on them is bad.  Drop down to #3 is A Haunting in Venice with 6.3 mil more, another film that under-performed and will fade out quickly.  Hanging in at #4 is The Equalizer 3 with 4.7 mil and looks like it will end up short of 100 mil after all.  Rounding off the top 5 and still showing strong is Barbie with 3.2 mil, already adding to it's incredible over 600 mil domestic box office.

Quote of the week:
"I often quote myself.  It adds spice to my conversation." - George Bernard Shaw

Facts & Tips:

A shrimp's heart is in its head.

"Cause they're too damn dumb to find our real still." - Catherine Bach as Daisy Duke in the TV series The Dukes of Hazzard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home