Monday, October 30, 2023

Itch that cough!

This is where my mind goes... the other day as I was coughing, I couldn't wait to get home to take some cough syrup to suppress the cough but at the same time I was trying to cough so my throat can get that itch that is causing the cough so I can stop coughing.  But, is the cough syrup supposed to suppress the cough so I won't cough but then I can't get that itch?  OR, is it supposed to get rid of that itch that is causing me to cough?  So this is where my mind goes and then I get stuck thinking about it for hours.  I am not sure if I ever discover the answer and just end up taking the cough syrup anyways.  Maybe that is why I never sleep well, my brain doesn't turn off thinking of all this random junk.

Weekly Update:

Our weather has been a bit odd lately but in a good way.  The nights are cold where I have to keep the windows closed but not turn on the heat yet.  The days are cool where I can drive with the windows rolled down.  But the mornings, they are a mystery.  We have overcast again so it remains grey outside till at least 11 or 12PM but the ground is all wet as if it rained but there was no mention of any rain.  Did that for a few days this past week and it's nice.  I like water from sky!  Even if it's just a little bit, maybe it will eventually lead to a lot of it!

At the movies:

Just in time for Halloween, fright takes the box office crown!  At #1 for it's debut is Five Nights at Freddy's earning a strong 78 million.  Overall word-of-mouth is good on this film and should get to 100 in no time.  Drop down to #2 is Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour with 14.7 mil extra and doesn't look like this will hit 200 mil but still did very well considering its just a concert film.  Dropping down to #3 is Killers of the Flower Moon with 9 mil more and still a strong award contender this year.  New at #4 is After Death with 5 mil from new comer Angel Studios and so far not fairing too well.  Holding ground at #5 is The Exorcist: Believer with 3.1 mil as this one quickly fades out.

New movies that did not make the top 5:
Just one this week at #7, Freelance with 2.1 mil to open and that is about all it will do.

Quote of the week:

"Research is creating new knowledge." - Neil Armstrong

Facts & Tips:

Cotton can catch fire with enough super glue applied.

"Ay, of course, because I'm Latina I have to know everything about gardening and sprinklers!" - Sofia Vergara as Gloria Delgado-Pritchett in the TV series Modern Family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home