Monday, October 23, 2023

No walking!

I may have talked about this before but this weekend I encountered at least twice... people walking in the middle of the road in a parking lot.  I was at the Costco parking lot area (shares with Amazon Fresh) so it's a very busy parking area.  I was there early in the AM when they opened because I wanted to get in, and out and get back home to rest (still recovering from last week).  I let this lady cross the street but instead of going completely across, they go halfway and then turn 90 degrees to walk down the middle of the road to their car.  Why?? They had plenty of room to walk all the way across and behind the parked cars and not impeded traffic coming from both directions.  Just people are freaking amazing and so inconsiderate... rudeness.

Weekly Update:

Is it Winter yet? This past week was kind of up-and-down weather wise but overall manageable.  The nights were cold but I did keep my windows closed this time so I could run my humidifier to battle this cold (now cough).  I also picked up more distilled water for it and just been using it at a low setting but I think it has been fogging up my windows in the morning too (which is fine, just thought it was funny).  I am not sure if I want to get a new humidifier later as the one I currently have is very old (10+ years) and the heating element is a bit worn as I used to not use distilled water in the past and had a massive calcium build-up which I had to chip off a few times (hence the wear).  Also the light for the switch is very dim so you can never tell if it's on unless you hear the steam... but, it still works.  I guess I'll continue to use it till it stops working.  It's a pretty dependable unit and very useful.

At the movies:

No surprise at #1 as Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour hangs on to the box office crown.  Earning an extra 31 million, very significant drop though so the repeat business is clearly not there. Still an overall win for this film just not mega-big hit as everyone was predicting.  New at #2 is Killers of the Flower Moon with 23 mil and definitely a solid award run film with a good box office. Down to #3 is The Exorcist: Believer with 5.6 mil and this film has capped out.  Holding on to #4 is Paw Patrol: The Mighty Movie with 4.5 mil and really good counter programing for this time of year.  Coming back to #5 is the re-issue for The Nightmare Before Christmas with 4.1 mil.  What is astonishing is this film turned 30-years old this year and still brought in enough to make it #5 this week!

Quote of the week:
"There is nothing permanent except change." - Heraclitus

Facts & Tips:

The fire hydrant patent was ironically destroyed in a fire.

"Who are these women? Does anyone know? I don't recognize any of them.  I want to see my best friend's big sister, the girls from the soccer team, my next door neighbor, real women who are smart and pretty and happy to be who they are. These are the women to look up to.  Let's put life back into the magazine. And fun and laughter and silliness. I think we all- I think all of us- want to feel something that we've forgotten or turned our backs on because maybe we didn't realize how much we were leaving behind. We need to remember what used to be good. If we don't, we won't recognize it even if it hits us between the eyes." - Jennifer Garner as Jenna Rink in 13 Going on 30.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home