Monday, October 09, 2023

HOT HOt Hot

Well it heated up again and fast... 0 to 60 but more like 60 to 90 overnight!  Also it has been extremely dry so it smelled and felt like fire weather but so far so good, no fires.  I just hope it stays that way for the rest of the year.  But with the heat means... the AC turns on which I hate to use but I must.  Main reason, the old man pup and keeping him cool when I can and of course my office is on the 2nd floor so it can be any where from 5 to 10 degrees warmer.  Where is the Fall weather?  I just want Winter here now!  Or give me cool breezes, I can live with those.  But like I always say, it's easier to warm up than it is to cool down and also WAY more cheaper as well!  That is when my electric bill drops by over 300% and that number is no exaggeration!  I wish I could go solar... but too many golf ball impacts on my roof.

Weekly Update:

It's starting to get darker a lot sooner... what was once sunset at 8 to 815PM is now getting to be 7P and sooner... I do like it when it gets darker sooner because it also means it is getting cooler as well sooner (if it's a hot day).  I don't recall if that means the sun comes up later in the morning, it must right?  Maybe not a big shift in the AM but at least a little I would assume.  Now morning light is a little bit of a problem (for me anyway) because when the dog goes poop, a bit harder to see and I always have to pick it up as soon as he goes or he may double back and step in it with his old dog eyes.  Day Light Saving time should be ending (or is it starting?  I can never remember) soon and then that will be a major time to dark adjustment!

At the movies:

New at #1 is The Exorcist: Believer with a nice 27 million for October.  The big tell on how well it will do is next week and seeing if it can maintain a fair drop.  Drop down to #2 is Paw Patrol: The Mighty Movie with another 11.8 mil with a below average drop (and that is good!).  Slipping to #3 is Saw X with 8.2 mil and also a below average drop but not by much.  Competition is tougher with similar genre of movies so close together.  Down to #4 is The Creator with 6.1 mil and this film has pretty much crashed landed at the box office.  Rounding off the top 5 and holding ground is The Blind with 3.1 mil more.

Quote of the week:
"The soul that is within me no man can degrade." - Frederick Douglass

Facts & Tips:
Astronauts can't burp in space.

"But the choir room? I'm almost offended by the simplicity of the request." - Ashley Fink as Lauren Zizes in the TV series Glee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home