Monday, April 08, 2024

Rock'n like a hurricane?

No, we didn't have a hurricane but Friday it was some massive winds that followed a bunch of rain!  The rain was short but the wind was so crazy, I thought I felt the house shake for a moment or two which never has happened before. But it also got dark, than light again, I wasn't sure if I was changing time zones or what... just not our typical style of weather here!  And the forecast shows it will heat up into the 80's next week.  Where are the rest of the "April Showers" they claim is a thing?  I mean April just started but I just want more rain and water.  Well, maybe our weather will stabilize soon and I mean go back to normal.  Rain is good, warmer weather is fine, these winds though?  No thanks, they can stay away and remain calm please.

Weekly Update:

So this coming week I got jury duty!  I have to report Monday morning at 7:45 AM to the Santa Ana courthouse, not even the nearby Fullerton one which is sad because it's so convenient!  And it looks like the parking is a block or two away, makes me wonder why is it not more closer for those who are taking time out of schedule to do this civic duty, that we can have some nice amenities like closer parking.  Well I only hope it's a short day so I can come home and probably take a nap but who knows with these things.  Can be short, can be the entire day till 5PM.

At the movies:
The kings of monsters continue to hold the crown for a 2nd week as Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire earns another 31.7 million and now well over 100 mil domestic at #1!  Good worth-of-mouth continues to make this movie roar.  New at #2 is Monkey Man with 10.1 mil and not a whole lot on this one, might be a quick burn out.  Drop down to #3 is Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire with another 9 mil as it gets closer to the 100 mil mark and still on course to reach it.  New at #4 is The First Omen with 8.4 mil and another throw-away film I believe.  Rounding off the top 5 is Kung Fu Panda 4 with 7.9 mil and will definitely fall short of 200 mil but still did a good amount for its run.

New movies that did not make the top 5:
Just one this week at #7 is Someone Like You with 3 mil and a very low per screen average.  Gone in a week most likely.

Quote of the week:
"There is always room at the top." - Daniel Webster

Facts & Tips:

There are more stars in the sky than grains of sand on Earth.

"Getting my wine in position to throw in your damn face!" - Edie Falco as Carmela Soprano in the series The Sopranos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home