Monday, February 05, 2024

Rain again!!!

The end of this week ended nicely with some water from the clouds!  More rain and it's expected to rain even more next week so I hope that is true and doesn't change unless it changes for even more rain!  Though I can't see the mountains right now but I hope they are getting covered in snow so we will have some fresh water supplies for the Spring season.  Also, just seeing the mountains with snow covering is very picturesque and just so nice and Winter wonderland vibes.  I wish we could see that year-round because then we would have a fresh water supply forever but, unfortunately that is not how it works here.  But keep it coming please, we need it desperately here (as we always do).  People complain about the water supply but honestly, Southern California is technically a desert so not sure what they were expecting?  I complain because I see a lot of waste of water.

Weekly Update:

I can't recall if I talked (or wrote) about this before but I was at Costco on Saturday and decided to get a hot dog for a quick early lunch.  I didn't notice this but their condiments have changed since the Covid closure (I believe).  They only have 3 condiments now which used to be more... so right now it's ketchup (2 pumps), mustard and relish... Before it was ketchup, mustard, deli mustard, relish and then there used to be a hand crank wheel for diced onions.  I used to get the ketchup, deli mustard and onions but I can understand why they didn't back the onions since reopening.  I'm sad about it because I liked a little onion on my dog but I also miss the deli mustard.  I mean regular mustard is fine too so not a big loss there but the onions, I do miss those but I also remember that area was always such a mess from people just turning it (especially kids) and not having anything underneath to catch it all.  But... I do miss the deli mustard and onions.

At the movies:

Finally some new movies mixing up the rankings again!  New at #1 is Argylle with a fair 18 mil to open.  Word-of-mouth is good on what is described as a car heading into onward traffic, fun but all over the place.  Also new at #2 is The Chosen: Season 4 but this is from Fathom events who do concerts instead of regular releases.  This may not be around another week but it still made 7.4 mil at the box office.  Drop down to #3 is Beekeeper with 5.3 mil extra and just shy of 50 mil cume mark.  Following down to #4 is Wonka with 4.8 mil and now just over the 200 mil cume arena!  And rounding off the top 5 is Migration with 4.1 mil and continues to solidify into the 100 mil realm.

Quote of the week:
"The roots of all goodness lie in the soil of appreciation for goodness." - Dalai Lama

Facts & Tips:
Wind moves air from high to low pressure areas.

"We're paratroopers, Lieutenant.  We're supposed to be surrounded." - Damian Lewis as Richard Winters in the series Band of Brothers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home