Monday, December 18, 2023

The forgettable Unforgettable

With everything that was going on the past two weeks, I did get a bit paranoid with getting sick.  Add to the temperatures being all over the place but mostly freezing at night, I didn't want to catch a cold.  As soon as I felt a little scratchy throat or a sniffle, any aches or pain come on, I immediately took 2 Tylenol and carried that routine of having 2 every 4 hours.  Now did it work or help?  I don't really know but I wasn't about to take any chances and I constantly took cough drops to soothe my throat.  But through all the stuff I had going on and all the weather changes... I think I survived!  I'm not saying it's a wonder drug but I think it helped me with those minor aches and paints and nipped any possible illness before it could develop into a bigger illness. Thanks Tylenol!


Weekly Update:
What a week it has been and just so relieved it is finally over!  Filled with events that were almost back-to-back or at least if felt like it.  Week started off pretty normal but on Wednesday I had to attend the Rebel Moon movie premiere.  This is another  Netflix film that will show on select IMAX screens first and then right after be on the streaming service.  The event was pretty good and it felt nice to be back on a red carpet again.  They had closed off the street in front of the Chinese theatre for both the carpet and after-party.  You know what is kind of funny to think... that as you are sitting on some nice chairs or couches that you are literally in the middle of the street under a big tent.  Then on Saturday I had to attend the 21st Annual Unforgettable Gala in Beverly Hills and like previous years it was just utter chaos.  Filled with tons of wannabe's and "who are they??" people sprinkled in with a few actual celebrities.  I'm not sure what the goal is here but they need more familiar faces and not the ones from youtube, in my opinion.

At the movies:

New at #1 is the smell of chocolate... but not a lot of dollars.  With a very mild opening of 39 million is Wonka in this 3rd incarnation of the story.  This will struggle over the holidays and not satisfy that sweet-tooth at the box office.  Holding it's ground at #2 is The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds & Snakes with 5.8 mil extra as it continues to struggle but still will end up just north of 150 mil cume for domestic.  Drop down to #3 is The Boy and the Heron with 5.2 mil and not too bad for this genre of film. Slide down to #4 is Godzilla Minus One with 4.9 mil as this one also is struggling to get out of the sea and into the crowds. And rounding up the top 5 is Trolls Band Together with 4 mil more and should be the end of this concert.

New movies that did not make the top 5:
Just one this week but also for a limited event.  In at #7 is Christmas with the Chosen: Holy Night with 2.9 mil.  Not a great number considering how many screens it went to but also not meant to be a regular theatrical release.

Quote of the week:
"From a small seed a mighty trunk may grow." - Aeschylus

Facts & Tips
:
The alchemy symbol for water is an inverted triangle, resembling a cup of glass.

"You go ahead and do what you want. Even if I fail, I have to finish what I started." - Steven Yeun as Jacob in Minari.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home