Monday, December 04, 2023

The holiday time is definitely upon us as traffic is getting increasing worse and the temperatures dropping.  I have gone to the mall and places like Costco and just packed full of cars and people. I will say I have been VERY lucky with my parking and gotten spots generally within the top 10 to 12 cars from the front in the general first 3 rows of where the entrances are.  Not sure how I've been so lucky but when I leave, there is usually someone waiting for me to pull out to take the spot immediately.  I try not to delay as I have seen people stroll, take their time... adjust everything.  Why?  Just get in and leave, get as far as away as you possibly can!!  Get home or your next destination so you can relax and not have think about or worry about the traffic and parking for the rest of the day, weekend, week!  You know what I really hate though are those people who pretend to be walking to their car, stop and then turn around.  You know they are doing it on purpose to mess with people and they are just plain rude.  If I don't see them holding bags or something, I just ignore them and keep moving.

Weekly Update:

There is this middle eastern bakery in the mall, been there about 2 months maybe and like all mall stores it is struggling till the holiday season.  I went there on "Black Friday" and it was closed!  The lights were on but the gate was down and no signs or anything of why.  I went back this past Friday and they were open again and I usually see this girl working but this time it was a guy.  I had told him I came by last week and it was closed, apparently the girl (or woman) is his wife and that day she was out back of the store and some kids were playing on their bikes.  One of them ran into her so he had to take her to the hospital and ended up closing for 3-hours.  Talk about a bad situation worse when they needed that day for sales!  Well, she is ok but will be out of commission for awhile and I was able to pick up a few treats but I hope they make it, not just her but the store as well.

At the movies:

Singing her way to #1 is Renaissance: A Film by Beyonce earning 21 million.  A decent number for this time of year but my guess is they were expecting to match or come close to Taylor's numbers.  I hope this doesn't start a trend of concert films flooding the theatre.  Drop down to #2 is The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds & Snakes with 14.5 mil as it finally breaks the 100 mil mark after 3 weeks (with a holiday).  Should drop quickly though from here on out.  New at #3 is Godzilla Minus One with 11 mil.  Not a great number and this could be a franchise that is just tired out at the box office now, should consider just streaming with these numbers.  Holding at #4 is Trolls Band Together with 7.6 mil and still a long ways from 100 mil.  Rounding off the top 5 is Wish with 7.4 mil and definitely no where near the 100 mil mark.

New movies that did not make the top 5:
Several this week!  Coming in at #7 is Animal with only 6 mil.  It was under 800 screens, however, the per screen average was poor.  New at #8 is The Shift with 4.4 mil and an even worse per screen average with a very wide release.  Lastly is Silent Night at #9 with 3 mil and probably too silent no one heard it was coming.

Quote of the week:
"Conflict cannot survive without your participation." - Wayne Dyer

Facts & Tips:
Air's alchemy symbol is a triangle with a horizontal bar.

"Fine, I just thought I'd ask you before going down to Jefferson Avenue." - Jamie-Lynn Sigler as Meadow Soprano in The Sopranos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home