Monday, January 29, 2024

Be-CAWWWWWWWWW

Got a little bit of a heat wave this past weekend, not sure where it came from but we went from being 60 to in the low 80's!  Was not expecting that and it felt warm too!  We haven't had much in the way of breezes to give us some cool downs, even when it was 50 outside, it felt in the 70's inside due to no breezes moving the air around.  But the forecast calls for rain later in the week and a drop in temperature... this always worries.  The hot, cold, hot, cold changes usually comes with earthquakes for us here.  Supposedly there was one recently that was in the 4.0 category not far but I never felt it which is nice not to feel those things.  But I hope this isn't a sign for another to come when it drops again.  But I do welcome the rain, we have yet to get enough of it here and we still need it desperately!

Weekly Update:

Why has chicken gotten so expensive?  So I've noticed when buying things like chicken wings or chicken breast, any kind of fast food that you can order chicken.  It feels like back in the day (for example) you could get 4 chicken wings (well, wings and legs) for $1 and now it feels like for one piece it's about $1 to $1.50 a piece!  When did that become so expensive?  Maybe it's just me but I do feel like it has gone up quiet a bit and I thought chicken was a pretty inexpensive protein or meat to buy and eat or add to your food.  Now I try to buy in more bulk quantities and freeze it.  Not massive bulk but enough where I could possible get at least 6 meals out of one package or a Costco whole chicken, that will yield me a lot.  After I eat the meats from it or use it for other dishes, I boil the entire remains and strain out all the bones to make like a stew or soup-like rice dish that then also lasts me another 10 meals... now that is value!

At the movies:

Buzzing to the #1 spot after it's 3rd week is The Beekeeper with 7.4 million and now just shy of 50 mil cume.  Probably won't get too much further but overall not too bad for this time of year.  Dipping down to #2 is Mean Girls with 7.3 mil and also not bad overall.  Holding at #3 is Wonka with 5.9 mil more and now just shy of 200 mil domestic cume, should get there probably by mid-week.  Bumping up a spot to #4 is Migration with 5.2 mil as it now passes the 100 mil mark after 6 weeks.  Slight drop to #5 is Anyone But You with 4.8 mil and also another one that won't hit 100 but still did well.

New movies that did not make the top 5:
Just one this week, in at #6 is Fighter with 3.7 mil to open but it was also on less than 1000 screens.  Not a standard wide release but still was out there.

Quote of the week:
"We love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Facts & Tips:

Oxygen supply influences the color of a fire's flame.

"I've been trying to force myself into situations that I'm not comfortable with. I saw the flyer in the store window, and I made myself go in. I don't even like comic books." Kate Micucci as Lucy in the TV series The Big Bang Theory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home