Monday, February 19, 2024

It's about the drugs...

Lately I've been watching two shows in Disney+ and they are very related to each other.  I originally started watching To Catch A Smuggler and then later, when I went to continue it, I some how ended up watching Airport Security thinking I was watching the first show.  The two shows are very similar in that they both seem to originate at an airport of some kind.  Airport Security is more international and I noticed each season (8 total) dealt with one country's security.  One season was Madrid, another in Brazil, etc... and showed how they went through their screening processes from passport inspections to suitcases to packages being mailed.  I will say after watching this particular show, I want to visit all these airports!  They look pretty cool and interesting!  Then, I went back To Catch A Smuggler once I completed the other show (and still watching it).  This show also primarily deals with the airports but in the US (so far LAX and Miami) but what is interesting about this show, if they find someone who is carrying drugs or a package to be delivered, they let the package or carrier go through with it to see if they can catch the bigger fish.  There is some international teaming up on certain things but overall primarily deals with the US and within that city the airport is in to find out where certain drugs are going.  Both shows are by Nat Geo (National Geographic) and really interesting and done well!

Weekly Update:

Kind of a tiring week!  Drove home from Las Vegas on Monday but it was a good drive... other than one moment I wasn't sure if I was going to run out of gas or not.  There was a stretch of road I figured I would go to the next stop but the next stop or one with a visible gas station was over 10 miles!  And I had the low gas light on for awhile.  Fortunately the rental car I got had really good gas mileage and I made it to a station to get enough to get back home because gas out in the desert is expensive... they know they have you so they clearly charge more than the city or towns.  But, I wasn't able to get some White Castle burgers while in Vegas but I discovered one of the small stations as you leave Vegas had one with a drive through!  So, was able to pick up some sliders and fries for the road home!  I really wish we had one here but oh well... also I don't understand this math... they are $1.39 each or I could get a pack of 10 for $13.99?  So I would pay .09 more if I get a pack of 10?  I mean, it's only an extra dime but I thought buying things in more quantity should be cheaper, not more expensive?

At the movies:

Rising to the top this week at #1 is Bob Marley: One Love with a decent 27.7 million (5-day total of 45.6 mil).  Word-of-mouth is fair on this film so unsure how it will hold up.  New at #2 is Madame Web with 15.2 mil (5-day total of 23.4 mil) and this has a very negative word-of-mouth buzz.  So this coming weekend will be a big tell on how this film will perform overall.  Holding at #3 is Argylle with another 4.7 mil and is already being beat out by One Love for domestic cume.  Still in the mix and re-appearing in the top 5 at #4 is Migration with 3.8 mil as it continues to fly high!  New at #5 is The Chosen: Season 4, Episodes 1-3 with 4.2 mil to open and these probably would be better on a streaming service of some kind instead.

New movies that did not make the top 5:
Just one, coming in at #10 with 1.8 mil is Land of Bad... is this describing the movie or how well it did or both?

Quote of the week:
"The wish for healing has always been half of health." - Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Facts & Tips:
Even with wings, humans would be unable to fly.

"Jenna, my balls, excuse my French, are in an iron vise. Corporates are twisting and squeezing like a bunch of dominatrixes on steriods, and now Lucy is presenting her own redesign without you.  Could you tell me what is going on?" - Andy Serkis as Richard Kneeland in 13 Going on 30.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home