Monday, March 11, 2024

Double the weekend

Double stuff going on this weekend, first up is Daylight Savings Time hit at just after midnight on Sunday.  So that threw me off and I've been exhausted all day for some reason.  I didn't do anything crazy over the week but just been so sleepy.  Not sure what that is all about but this time change I hate the most.  I hate losing an hour of sleep.  I don't really care if I get more sunlight or not, just losing an hour bugs me.  And on top of that, it's Oscar weekend.  Nothing is really standing out to me this year for some reason and just not interested as much as I used to be.  Even though I'm still connected to the industry, this years Oscars feel kind of flat for some reason.

Weekly Update:

I might have talked about this before, but it's worth a re-visit.  Recently I went to Olive Garden and it's good food, not great food but good.  There is always something there that I will like and they have some really good soups now.  But the one thing that bugs me is their slogan... "When you're here, You're family."  Ok but my family wouldn't charge me to eat there or I would not charge them to eat at my place.  Yet Olive Garden is proclaiming it's like eating with family but we are going to charge you... who's family is this?  Has anyone gone to like ANY relatives home for a meal and at the end they give you a bill?  Even if they had catered a meal for everyone to enjoy at their home, I never saw an invoice or bill or even an ask for a few bucks.  I like the slogan, it does hit home but not my home... they need to change it.  How about "It's almost like eating at home, but not quite."

At the movies:

New at #1 is the 4th installment of Kung Fu Panda 4 earning a hefty 58.3 million for the weekend.  This has rebounded the franchise after #2 and #3 were below the original opening but this new one came close to beating it but not quite.  Should reach 100 mil in 2 or 3 more weeks which speaks well for this franchise.  Slight drop to #2 is Dune: Part Two with 46 mil and on track to the 200 mil mark at this point.  New at #3 is Imaginary with 10 mil to open and not a bad number for this film.  Also new at #4 is Cabrini with 7.6 mil and unsure how long this will will last yet.  Drop down to #5 is Bob Marley: One Love with 4.1 mil and still shy of the 100 mil mark but still on course to reach it.

New movies that did not make the top 5:
Two this week but they were on some what limited release pattern.  In at #9 is Yolo with 840k but only on 200 screens.  Not a great per screen average but I think this was more of a throwaway film anyway.  At #10 is MET Opera: La Forza del Destino with 768k but on less than 1000 screens, probably just a one-weekend screening and then it's off.

Quote of the week:
"No one can figure out your wroth but you." - Pearl Bailey

Facts & Tips:

You can start a fire with ice.

"We're not leaving yet. We're here now, and we want something else from you. Hey... hey, hey, hey, hey! Hey! We want something else from you." - Thomas Jane as Todd Parker in Boggie Nights.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home