Monday, March 25, 2024

A lot of driving

I had to drive up to the Santa Clarita area over the weekend and wow that was a drive.  I haven't gone that far out in a long time (within Southern California).  It was about 130 miles round trip and it was raining that day.  What is funny is going that long of a distance, it felt like driving through multiple time zones or something.  While raining I went through several different rains!  But "different" rains?  What does that mean??  Well I went through areas of light rain, some heavy rain, rain with wind so it was hitting from the side, glooping rain so it would hit and splatter in a blob.  It was just a lot of rain and of course that didn't help the traffic at all.  People here just can not drive in the rain whatsoever, I don't understand why it's so difficult.

Weekly Update:

Had lunch recently with an old friend and co-worker from my AMC days.  He suggested a place called Kaiba, Japanese Ramen location and I was familiar with it but never been before.  What was really interesting was as soon as you get there, they have a drive thru?  I have never seen a drive thru at an Japanese place ever before.  I thought making things like sushi, miso and such they take time and care into them, how do you have a drive thru? I didn't use the drive-thru today but sat down inside and the spicy miso ramen was amazing.  I'm not sure if I'll get something from here via the drive-thru but I guess it's nice to know it may be an option if I want something to go from here!  When in this area though I usually go to Jollibee across the street (photo not taken by me).

At the movies:

New at #1 is Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire with a nice 45.2 million to open.  A good number for non-holiday, non-summer film but would it have done better in the Summer?  Word-of-mouth seems fair on this film so the 2nd weekend will be a big tell (also a holiday weekend coming up). Still holding at #2 is Dune: Part Two with 17.6 mil as it continues into the 200 mil arena and on track to hit 250 soon.  Drop down to #3 is Kung Fu Panda 4 with 16.8 mil and had a moderate drop which is good for the franchise. New at #4 is Immaculate with 5.3 mil and not a strong number but still enough to make the top 5 and likely will drop out by next weekend.  Rounding off the top 5 is Arthur the King with 4.4 mil and though a touching, heart-warming film but won't hold out much longer.

New movies that did not make the top 5:
Another one at #6, Late Night with the Devil with 2.8 mil and will be gone and out soon.

Quote of the week:
"Truth is strong, and sometime or other will prevail." - Mary Astell

Facts & Tips:
Gorillas burp when they are happy.

"One X-wing? Great. We're saved." - Gina Carano as Cara Dune in the series The Mandalorian.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home