Monday, March 18, 2024

Ribbit ribbit

Rain to not to rain... unsure what is going on with our weather this past week.  Temperatures were supposed to go up a bit (not by much, from like 60 to 70 degrees) but they mostly stayed in the 60's.  Not complaining but just wasn't expecting it.  What I didn't expect at all was some rain in the mornings!  We were projected to have all clear days, no clouds even or percentage of rain but at least 2 days this past week it rained enough to keep the ground wet for hours.  So where the heck did that come from and can it send some more our way?  Oh speaking of rain and water, I was by the downtown Brea area using a Groupon I had for Pizza Press and when I went back to my car in the parking structure, it was kind of above and away from the reservoir. I could hear hundreds of frogs croaking and it was kind interesting.  It was at night so I couldn't see any but wow where there a lot and loud!

Weekly Update:

So this is fascinating and I just discovered it a couple days ago... did you know if you poor water into your toilet, it flushes it?  Someone told me about it and I didn't think it would work but after I went to the bathroom, I had a 2 quart container of water that I was recycling so I thought, why not try it.  I poured it in (all of it) and it more-or-less flushed the toilet!  The existing water went down and the water I poured into it basically stayed.  It didn't take the water from the holding tank in the back.  I thought that was fascinating and not sure if it will work on all toilets but it did on mine!  I'm always look at ways to recycle water I am not using from like the shower or even rain water that collects.  Now I have another use to save water!

At the movies:

Holding ground at #1 for a 2nd week is Kung Fu Panda 4 with another 30 million and now just over the 100 mil mark. It's possible to reach 200 but it will be a very close struggle to get there.  Holding at #2 as well is Dune: Part Two with 29.1 mil as it surpasses the 200 mil mark and still getting strong word-of-mouth.  New at #3 is Arthur the King with 7.5 mil.  This film is getting good reviews but could be the timing of the film and should have probably waited till April.  Dipping down to #4 is Imaginary with 5.6 mil and slowly drawing down.  And drop down to #5 is Cabrini with 2.8 mil and any new movie opening this coming week will knock it out.

New movies that did not make the top 5:

Only one this week at #8 but less than 1,000 screens is One Life earning 1.7 mil and will be down and out in no time.

Quote of the week:
"Be true to your work, your word, and your friend." - John Boyle O'Reilly

Facts & Tips:

Hens do not need a rooster to lay an egg.

"Dastari, I have no doubt you could augment an earwig to the point where it understood nuclear physics, but it would still be a very stupid thing to do!" - Colin Baker as The Doctor in the TV series Doctor Who.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home