Monday, February 11, 2019

More rain!!!

We are actually getting some solid rain!  Last week there was at least 2 or 3 days of it and Sunday had it off and on but when it was on, it was heavy.  This coming week's forecast calls for more rain too.  We need the water!!  It has been still inconsistent and starts and stops so that is a little bit of a bummer.  But having it, even in small burst is still worth it.  The air and streets all look, smell and feel clean.  Its like nature's car wash but for everything under the sun.  We just need so much more.  OH and the mountains look amazing covered in fresh snow!

Weekly Update:
Not much happened this past week that seemed important or worth remembering ... what did I do ... what did I do.  OH, I tried to sleep, that is what I did.  I saw a really funny meme the other day that said something along the lines of regretting not taking all those naps as a child.  And now we seek to get a nap!  Siesta needs to be incorporated into our work flow.  I would sign up for that now that I know what a good solid nap can do to help with the last half of the day.  I know I have mentioned this before but it does need another reminder.

At the movies:
A new #1 this week as Lego Movie 2: The Second Part builds its way to a nice 34.4 million opening.  A bit under expectations but still a solid number for off-season films.  Appears to be on track to hit that 100 mil cume threshold as well.  New at #2 is What Men Want with 19 mil and slightly above expectations. Another new one at #3, Cold Pursuit with 10.8 mil and close to predictions.  Drop down to #4 is "The Upside" with another 7.2 mil and making that steady climb to hopefully reach 100 mil cume.  Rounding off the top 5 is "Glass" with 6.4 mil and may be the last time we see it.

New movies that did not make the top 5:
Just one this week as The Prodigy comes in at #6 with 6 mil and pretty much as expected.

Quote of the week:
"Life lived for tomorrow will always be just a day away from being realized." - Leo Buscaglia

Facts & Tips:
The Apollo 11 guidance computer was no more powerful than today's pocket calculator.

"I discovered at a very early age that if you talk long enough, I can make anything right or wrong.  So either I'm God or truth is relative.  In either case, booyah!" - Joel McHale as Jeff Winger in the TV series "Community."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home