Monday, December 17, 2018

The weather has started to get up and down.  No rain which is a bummer but also freezing in the morning and then it heats up in the afternoon.  I mean that sounds normal maybe but its Winter, no?  The other day I was outside and had a jacket in the AM but come lunch time it has risen 20 degrees.  I am not sure if that is normal or not but I would prefer cold stay cold please.  What is nice though if its super cold in the morning, I can now grab my phone and adjust the temperate with my Nest app and the heat will kick in.  Works the other way to, I don't have to run downstairs to turn on the AC and just do it from my desk or bed to get it going ... this technology is pretty amazing.  I'm glad I waited a bit to get the Nest E which doesn't require the grounding wire because that would have required additional wiring on my heating unit which I wasn't prepared to do.

Weekly Update:
Extremely busy week!!  Had a few events to attend and some other stuff ... first up, went to the premier of the movie "Vice" on Tuesday night and it was pretty interesting and not what I expected.  Long event but got to snap some pics with a couple of the crew:

*Justin Kirk - known for some TV shows and a really nice guy.
*Kirk Bovill - Played Henry Kissinger in the film and a nice guy.
*Joni Bovill - not in the movie but also an actress and very sweet!

Then the very next morning, had to help with a press junket with one of the stars of the upcoming film "Aquaman" and then that night, the premiere!  While at the premiere got some other folks too:

*Patrick Wilson - plays King Orm in the film and a really nice guy.
*Temuera Morrison - also in the film but best know as Jango Fett in the Star Wars saga, great guy.
*Randall Park - best known from the TV series "Fresh Off the Boat" and a very nice guy.
*James Wan - director and great guy.

At the movies:
New movies and new rankings finally ... At #1 is Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse with 35.4 million.  Below initial expectations and unsure if this will carry or not with more holiday product rolling out.  Might struggle to reach 100 mil cume.  New at #2 is The Mule with 17.2 mil and right on target.  Drop down to #3 is "Dr. Seuss' The Grinch" with 11.6 mil and continues to do well.  Holding on to #4 is "Ralph Breaks the Internet" with another 9.6 mil as it quickly winds down.  New and rounding off the top 5 is Mortal Engines with 7.5 mil and well below expectations but not entirely surprising.

Quote of the week:
"Nothing can have value without being an object of utility." - Karl Marx

Facts & Tips:
If you drilled a hole through the earth, it would take 42 minutes to fall through it.

"What? Satan and I are supposed to go rollerblading on Saturday.  Ah! You cannot trust that guy." - Jake Short as Fletcher Quimby on TV's "Disney's A.N.T. Farm."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home