Monday, October 22, 2018

Another heat wave?!  I don't understand this weather one bit ... I don't think anyone does to be honest!  It was so nice during the day AND at night but this week ... I had to turn the AC back on for a couple of days.  It didn't necessarily feel hot if standing but if you moved around, it felt hot.  I think it hit the 90's again but no breeze and very sunny out this past week.  I thought we were done with this for SoCali!!  The nights are kind of confusing as well because they feel like Winter nights (if that is such a thing but I think it is so I am going with it!).  It is brisk, chilly and I can smell the fireplaces going ... that is nice and I want that all the time!  But it isn't too cold where I have to close my windows and turn on the heat ... yet.  Will that temperature come?  I honestly don't know but it would be a nice Winter if it did ... oh and how about throwing in some rain as well please.  That would be super awesome!

Weekly Update:
So going to try some modernization for the house and I ordered the new Nest Thermostat E the other day.  Should be here in a couple of days and the install looks very simple so hopefully it works!  I didn't get the previous version of it because it would require me to do some wiring to the heating unit which I am not prepared to do.  This is very simplistic (I hope) and also got an additional sensor to put upstairs since it gets so much warmer and have to wait for the downstairs to get to that level till I get a bit of air for upstairs ... wish me luck!

At the movies:
BIG box office surprise this weekend as Halloween not only takes the crown but with a 77.5 million opening!!  Overall reactions are good and should get this film close to 200 mil but unlikely past that.  Slight drop down to #2 is "A Star is Born" with another 19.3 mil as it also starts its journey into the 100 mil club.  Dropping down to #3 is "Venom" with 18.1 mil and could start burning out quickly from here on out.  Holding ground at #4 is "Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween" with 9.7 mil and might reach 50 mil to finish.  Rounding off the top 5 is "First Man" with 8.6 mil more and didn't get the Buzz it was hoping for.

Quote of the week:
"The reward for work well done is the opportunity to do more." - Jonas Salk

Facts & Tips:
Once cherries have been picked, they don't ripen.

"Join us, take your rightful place in the clan my brother." - James Lew as Prince Samarki in "Midnight Man."


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home