Monday, October 01, 2018

It cooled down!!  I couldn't believe it but we dropped below 80 degrees and it has been nice!  This is great for October.  If we are to have a fall, this would be it!  Now if we can have some rain soon, all would be good here!  I think we will be due for some winds though, they tend to occur in October and then later in Spring so we are due.  Just wondering if we are going to get a dry Winter but still cold ... I guess that would be fine but the rain sure helps us a lot .. we need the rain!!!

Weekly Update:
Start of October is here ... and a new fiscal year for business and corporations.  Such an odd schedule and how it doesn't match with the yearly calendar.  I know there must be a reason for it but I simply don't know what that reason is.  Also, don't really care because I've gotten used to it and stopped thinking about it.  But October ... not really a favorite month for me ... honestly I don't think I have a favorite month at all.  They pretty much all are terrible or suck in some way nowadays.  Oh well, what can you do.

At the movies:
A new number one hits the box office again, comedy takes over!  Earning a decent 28 million for its debut is Night School and above expectations.  Word-of-mouth is fair but unlikely to hit 100 mil.  New at #2 is Smallfoot with 23 mil and very close to expectations.  Dip down to #3 is "The House with Clocks in its Walls" earning an extra 12.5 mil as it tick tocks away.  Drop down to #4 is "A Simple Favor" with another 6.6 mil and also fading away.  Rounding off the top 5 is "The Nun" with 5.4 mil and just breaks the 100 mil cume barrier!  Not much scare left in this but performed well.

New movies that did not make the top 5:
Two this week ... in at #6 is Hell Fest with 5.1 mil and right on expectations.  All the way down to #16 is Little Women with .8 mil to open but also under 800 runs.  Was not expecting much out of it anyway.

Quote of the week:
"Every story I create, creates me.  I write to create myself." - Octavia E. Butler

Facts & Tips:
Maine produces more wild blueberries than anywhere else in the world.

"You think you were born? You were built!  And they want you back." - Mark Ryan as the voice of Lockdown in "Transformers: Age of Extinction."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home