Monday, August 20, 2018

So to add to the heat ... the humidity!  We have enough heat as it but to add humidity to this is just not fun at all.  I can feel the heat of the sun and now I can sweat the heat of the thick air.  We aren't supposed to have this kind of weather!!  WHY oh WHY!  So the other day after doing a bunch of errands, I had to shower and change mid-day because just felt so gross.  I've done that before in the past but not here!  Once in Florida I showered and changed outfits 3 different times in a day that I had to do laundry at the hotel because I went through cloths so fast.  But this is not normal ... climate change people, its real since SoCali is not know for humidity at all and only started becoming normal just a few years ago if that.  Wrong, wrong, wrong ... and I can't imagine the firefighters having to battle these fires in not only the direct heat but the humidity especially all that protective gear they wear for hours and hours!

Weekly Update:
On Thursday had a fun little outing at the park.  Went and saw the Pixar Firework show at Disneyland and got to stand in a little VIP section.  It was a little off center from the main hub but still nice and up front.  The current theme is Pixar and it was cute ... didn't really blow me away necessarily.  I feel like you could insert any theme into this particular version and it would just seem like a nice firework show. They had some visuals projecting on the castle but from the vantage point I was at, did not get the full affect of it so a little lost on me.

At the movies:
Nice surprise at the box office this weekend as Crazy Rich Asians takes top honors for a 5-day gross of 34 million to open!  Above expectations and word-of-mouth is strong on this film.  Ideally it will reach 100 mil cume but coming in at the end-of-Summer, it might struggle a little bit.  Slight drop down to #2 is "The Meg" with another 21.2 mil as it quickly approaches the 100 mil mark, could possibly get it in another week.  New at #3 is Mile 22 with 13.6 mil and just below expectations.  Holding ground at #4 is "Mission: Impossible - Fallout" with an extra 10.5 mil as it closes in on 200 mil cume.  New at #5 is Alpha with 10.5 mil and pretty much hit expectations.

Quote of the week:
"The most I can do for my friend is simply be his friend." - Henry David Thoreau

Facts & Tips:
A full moon is nine times brighter than a half moon.

"And, who am I? An industrious young woman who wants to examine life without ... pressure!" - Lisa Bonet as Denise Huxtable on the TV series "The Cosby Show."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home