Monday, July 09, 2018

HOT!  That about sums it up ... This past week we saw at least Friday and Saturday with temps over 110 degrees!!  We went from 70's to 110 in a mere day, that is both crazy and unbelievable!  The nights are supposed to be in the 60's but have felt a very humid low 80's so the calculations are way off for the night.  I hated to do it but I had to, run the AC almost non-stop since Saturday since I work upstairs plus the dogs.  This is where my electric bill will not quadruple if not more ... I was doing so well too.  First I got it around $150, then I got it at $100 and then the last one was around $50 ... all out the window now!

Weekly Update:
It has been a very crazy week! And the weather didn't help at all with that!  I can't even remember what happened during the week, again.  It really has become just a blur as of late but I suppose that happens when you work multiple 12 hour days and such.  It does affect your brain and lack of sleep.  Naps ... they are now part of my daily life which I would have never been able to take one before!  Price of getting old or price of working a lot?  Or both?  But I just know even when I can sleep in I still wake up just before 5 realizing its 5 and I can sleep in so I do.  What is wrong with me?!?!  My sleeping in was till noon if if not longer!  I want to sleep in till noon again, who cares if the day is wasted!

At the movies:
Big numbers for the smallest of super-heroes this weekend as Ant-Man and the Wasp take the crown with 76 million to open for the holiday.  Hot temps in the West may have helped that a little but every bit counts!  Holding ground at #2 is "The Incredibles 2" with 29 mil extra and now just over 500 mil domestic cume.  It will be a struggle to get 600 and will likely fall just shy of that.  Dipping down to #3 is "Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom" with 28.6 mil as it passes 300 mil cume.  Unlikely to reach 400 but these types of film play bigger overseas.  New at #4 is The First Purge with 17.2 mil and well below expectations.  Still a good number for this type of film and franchise.  Rounding off the top 5 is "Sicario: Day of the Soldado" with another 7.3 mil as this one is soon to tap out.

Quote of the week:

"Adventure is worthwhile." - Aesop

Facts & Tips:

Tennis was originally played with bare hands.

"Look at the size of that thing!" - David Ankrum as Wedge Antilles (Red 2 voice) in "Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home