Monday, June 11, 2018

Well ... it got hot this week.  We had a lot of overcast in the morning ... is that the "June Gloom" they say? I guess it really is a thing because it was gloomy in the mornings but later it was clear and warm.  Not my favorite but the nights continue to be cool, so far.  If it can stay like this the rest of the Summer than I will be very happy with the weather.  I'm sure it won't last long but one can dream!  I just have to remember to close up the house when the weather clears and keep as much of the cool inside and not let it out or the hot get inside.  I wish my office was downstairs too but unfortunately can't move it unless I get the cable/Internet company out to move my connections.

Weekly Update:
So, my backyard is a make-shift wildlife nature area it seems like.  Aside from the rabbits you see all the time and hearing coyotes, after all it is called Coyote Hills.  There are the daring squirrels who run across the tips of the fence from one side of the yard to the other.  Then there are the gophers destroying my lawn and the ducks hanging out in the pool pooping in it.  I wish the dogs would get along with other animals but they are so protective of the house and property.  They will not share with any other animal and run them off.  I haven't seen them yet but I have smelled skunks.  At least all of these critters and such are outside!

At the movies:
They stole the box office this week .. the big screen queens at #1 is Ocean's 8 with a solid 41.5 million to open and right on target.  Good word-of-mouth should get it past 100 mil for the summer.  At a far far away #2 is "Solo: A Star Wars Story" with another 15.2 mil for its 3rd weekend.  Its rapid decline will barely get it to 200 mil.  Holding ground at #4 is "Deadpool 2" with 13.7 mil as it creeps up behind 300 mil.  New at #4 is Hereditary with 13 mil to open.  Slightly above expectations but won't carry to far forward.  Rounding off the top 5 is "Avengers: Infinity War" in its 7th week and earning another 6.8 mil as it passes 650 mil domestic cume.

New movies that did not make the top 5:
Just one wide release as Hotel Artemis comes in at #8 with only 3.2 mil for this struggling small studio. Also, opening to expectations.

Facts & Tips:
Canada's postal code for Santa Claus at the North Pole is H0H 0H0.

"1991 called, they want their teenage angst back." - Rainn Wilson as Robert 'Fish' Fishman in "The Rocker."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home