Monday, April 02, 2018

April Fool's Edition

Interesting time of year as both Easter Sunday and April's Fools Day fell on the same day!  But, April Fool's wins the day for me at least.  Saw some good online jokes such as Lego coming out with a special vacuum for picking up Lego's, brilliant.  Disney introducing a kale flavored Churro, not to bad.  And ThinkGeek.com had some fun stuff like the Jurassic Park dinosaur warning system which was a cup of water and a ripple level indicator.  This was pretty good too but the rest of their things were kind of lame.  But so far the winner for me is the Lego VacuSort.  It would have been perfect if ti was the shape of a foot or something.  But I like when companies get into the spirit of a day like today ... it is always fun.  One company I noticed didn't do anything or I couldn't find it was Blizzard Entertainment ... they sometimes have good stuff but nothing on their home page, too bad.

Weekly Update:
So this is interesting, lately I have been going to Little Tokyo for some meetings and I keep ending up at the Far Bar.  The first meeting was a good central location but then it turned into a double meeting with one of the owners of the place.  Then they wanted to meet again later in the week and they offered up dinner at the bar, how can you say no to that?  I always get the Far Bar Burger, it is so delicious and juicy!  But for both days I went up there, I got there a little early and walked around, who knew there was so much going on in that one little block!  A lot of cool little shops and places to eat or snack at.  I must go back to just walk around a little bit and eat at other places.  The one meeting I had was at night and the whole places was busy and hopping!

At the movies:
No shocking surprises this weekend as Ready Player One earns high score at #1 earning 41.2 million for the weekend which is fairly close to expectations.  For it's 5-day it earned 53.2 mil and fairly positive reactions to the film should get it to 100 mil without much effort.  New at #2 is Tyler Perry's Acrimony with 17.1 mil and right on target.  Holding ground at #3 is "Black Panther" with 11.3 mil as it quickly levels out around 650 mil domestic cume.  Holding at #4 is "I Can Only Imagine" with another 10.8 mil and should continue to drop off.  Rounding off the top 5 is "Pacific Rim Uprising" with 9.2 mil and this won't reach the 100 mil cume mark unfortunately.

New movies that did not make the top 5:
Just one this week as God's Not Dead: A Light in Darkness comes in at #12 with 2.6 mil, way below all expectations.

Quote of the week:
"From now on, I'll connect the dots my own way." - Bill Watterson

Facts & Tips:
The brain is the only organ in the human body without pain receptors.

"Help me! Help me please!" - Alison Lohman as Christine Brown in "Drag Me to Hell."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home