Monday, February 05, 2018

Groundhog Day Edition

On this past Friday, it was Groundhog Day which Punxsutawney Phil tells us the weather for the next 6 weeks.  By his prediction we will have 6 more weeks of it but I would be happy with just one!!  Or just a weekend of Winter?  I will take a weekend of Winter please, that would be nice.  So if they carry Phil out of his chubby, how does he even have time to see his shadow to react to it?  I mean I don't think there is a light inside that tree stump and if there was, its not natural light ... I think this thing is fake.

Weekly Update:
You know what is funny ... so the other day I was putting a letter into one of those pull down mailboxes and once I opened it, put the letter in and closed it ... I had the instinct to open it again to see if the letter fell in (despite me hearing it slide).  So then later, I had to drop off a padded envelope, same mailbox and did the same thing.  Still hear it slide down and even drop but I still wanted to re-open to make sure it wasn't there.  I wonder if others do this and looking back I think I do this all the time.  Even when I hear it slide and drop and hit the bottom, I have to check to make sure its gone.  This has to be some kind of weird condition which I have.  Makingsureitsgoneitus?

At the movies:
Making its way back to #1 is "Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle" earning another 11 million and now just past 350 mil cume.  Still won't make 400 mil but great numbers for this film.  Drop down to #2 is "Maze Runner: The Death Cure" with 10.2 mil as this race is almost over.  New at #3 is Winchester with 9.3 mil and pretty much expected, in fact a bit higher than thought.  Holding ground at #4 "The Greatest Showman" with another 7.8 mil as it continues its award run.  Rounding off the top 5 is "Hostiles" with 5.5 mil and likely the last we will see of it.

Quote of the week:

"The roots of all goodness lie in the soil of appreciation for goodness." - Dalai Lama

Facts & Tips:

In India, mango leaves are used to celebrate the birth of a boy.

"Ned... Ryerson. "Needlenose Ned"? "Ned the Head"? C'mon, buddy. Case Western High. I did the whistling belly-button trick at the high school talent show? Bing!  Got the shingles real bad senior year, almost didn't graduate? Bing, again. I dated your sister Mary Pat a couple times until you told me not to anymore? Well?" - Stephen Tobolowsky as Ned in "Groundhog Day."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home