Monday, November 27, 2017

THANKSGIVING EDITION

This past Thursday was Thanksgiving and like most recent ones, spent it working all day and then afterwards enjoyed some Honeybaked ham.  Then right after that, I actually went to the mall for the early Black Friday sales which started at 6PM.  I was looking for some DuckTales (WooHoo) items but struck out.  Otherwise that was it, nothing to be Happy or thankful for really.  Didn't wish anyone a Happy Thanksgiving because of the previous sentence.  You know, I really do not like the holidays anymore ...

Weekly Update:
Still battling this cold I got and I can't shake it with no matter what I take.  More meds and now the cough that won't go away.  In the past the cough would gradually leave but this is full force!  I should go visit the doctor again to see what is up.  I generally can feel it getting lighter over time but this one actually feels like it is getting bigger and stronger!  At times I will get coughing fits for like 30 seconds of non-stop coughing.  What I hate is if I start to talk and no matter what, just after a few words I can feel the cough rising up and getting ready to explode out!  This is not normal and the meds I got the previous week stopped the coughing when I sleep but I can't take it during the day or I will get drowsy!

At the movies:
No surprise as Disney/Pixars's Coco takes the box office crown with a 5-day total of 71.2 million.  Just shy of my expectations but solid number nonetheless for this subject matter.  On track to make over 200 mil domestic and solid word-of-mouth.  Drop down to #2 is "Justice League" with an extra 40.7 mil and creeping up on 200 mil cume.  Small drop to #3 is "Wonder" with 22.3 mil and on track to break 100 mil and no doubt an award contender.  Drop down to #4 is "Thor: Ragnarok" with 16.8 mil and could reach 300 mil domestic.  Rounding off the top 5 is "Daddy's Home 2" with 13.3 mil and may be shy of 100 mil cume.

New films that did not make the top 5:
Just one this week as it expanded, "Roman J. Israel  Esq." comes in at #9 with 4.5 mil and right as projected.  May just be more for an award run but not a box office one.

Quote of the week:
"Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough." - Og Mandino

Facts & Tips:
There are more varieties of blueberries than states in the U.S.

"Do not get attached to the world as it is.  Because the world is changing something new is coming." - Movie Producer Jerry Weintraub

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home