Monday, November 06, 2017

DAYLIGHT SAVING EDITION

Saturday night/Sunday morning was DST or Daylight Saving where we fall back an hour.  This is always my favorite one because of the extra hour of sleep!  I don't mind it getting darker earlier but in that same vein it gets lighter just a tad earlier in the morning.  That is helpful when I have to go to the office and need to pick up the dog poopies outside.  Makes it easier to see them!!  But general, always enjoy this time, I guess technically this is the end of DST as in Spring is when it starts.  I never really thought of it as an start and end time.  I just looked at it as this was one event and here is a 2nd to compensate for that first one now.

Weekly Update:
This past week was pretty normal I guess.  The temperatures were very nice and cool to cold which I like.  Started to use the fireplace again, its a gas one and you never really feel the heat as its going straight up but the flames are nice.  I mean I am pretty close to the fireplace when I am laying down on the couch.  I do miss having a wood burning one but I guess this is a lot cleaner and easier to maintain then having one with wood.  Would be nice if there was one of each ... I need to invest in some outdoor furniture and maybe get a fire pit for the wood burning element I am missing?  But dang, those pits are expensive for just a metal casing to be able to burn something inside it.  So not an immediate get for me right now.

At the movies:
No surprise but a big win for the box office, Marvel and Disney as Thor: Ragnarok takes top honors with 121 million to open.  On track right now to do over 300 domestic but reviews are good for this one being a third film in the franchise.  Slightly below expectations but still a great number.  New at #2 is A Bad Moms Christmas with a distant 17 mil and also just below expectations.  Big drop to #3 is "Jigsaw" with 6.7 mil and this may burn out very fast.  Drop down to #4 is "Tyler Perry's Boo 2! A Madea Halloween" with 4.7 mil more.  Rounding off the top 5 is "Geostorm" with 3 mil and this one is done.

Quote of the week:

"A day of worry is more exhausting than a week of work." - John Lubbock

Facts & Tips:

Remove all the space between its atoms and Earth would be the size of a baseball.

"I'm coming, I'm coming!  Hold your horses! Hello? Who? NIMH? Oh yeah, NIMH. You called about the rats.  I don't know about any special behavior but the traps sure don't work.  Morning? Suites me just fine.  No, no.  You can bulldoze that rosebush right out of here.  I want those rats exterminated.  now, there's no charge, right?  All right. I'll see you in the morning." - Tom Hatten as Farmer Fitzgibbons in "The Secret of NIMH."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home