Monday, September 18, 2017

POST 9-11 Tribute

Last Monday was the anniversary of 9/11 and the attacks at the World Trade Centers in New York City, Pentagon and the failed attempt of another airline in PA.  It wasn't forgotten but another event was transpiring, Hurricane Irma and its potential mass destruction.  Now, we can take just a moment to reflect back and remember that day, that event and the moments right after.  I do remember it very well hearing it on the clock radio as it was happening and listening to the DJ's talk about not knowing what they were talking about.  With each snooze the news was all the same and that was unusual because you think its a bit of some kind and it lasts for just a segment.  Later realize what was going on, turned on the news and watched the events transpired and just in complete awe.  Not a morning I will soon forget and haven't.

Weekly Update:
What the heck did I do this week?  Did I do anything?  One thing I know I didn't do was get sleep!  Lot of sleepless nights and all I want to do right now is do what this puppy is doing ... sleeping without a care or worry.  I can't even get a nap for more than 5 minutes or so which is odd because I never could nap before!  I guess I have gotten so tired, I just slightly fall asleep and then wake up moments later realizing I fell asleep!  Oh puppies ... if we can all be like them for just a short time a day, or just a week.  That would be so ... nice.

At the movies:
As expected, a soft weekend with "It" taking the crown at #1 for the 2nd weekend in a row.  Adding another 60 million to its total and over 200 mil cume domestic.  On pace to break 300 mil by the time its said and done.  New at #2 is American Assassin with 14.8 mil, right on projections.  New at #3 is mother! with 7.5 mil and also right on track as expected.  Dropping down to #4 is "Home Again" with another 5.3 mil and home isn't a place to go anymore for this one.  Rounding off the top 5 is "The Hitman's Bodyguard" with an extra 3.6 mil as this one will fade off next week.

Quote of the week:

"You can find peace amidst the storms that threaten you." - Joseph B. Wirthlin

Facts & Tips:
Wombat droppings are cube-shaped.

"Come on, mate, we ain't got all day.  It's not recreational, it's not meant to be a hobby, just get it up there.  Close the door behind ya." - Russell Brand as Aldous Snow in "Get him to the Greek."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home