Monday, July 10, 2017

HOT!!!!!  Wow, this week had some 100 degree temperatures.  Now this is the Summer I know and of course, hate.  At least 2 days reach that temperature and I can not imagine how it was in places like in the valley or inland empire.  Any time it is 100 degrees here, you can easily add 10 more degrees in those places, especially the inland empire.  With ocean breezes, it blows all the smog and hot air towards them and they get stuck in the hills so its basically a oven out there.  I don't know how people live out there but I guess housing is cheaper and it is a pretty growing and developing area but still.  AC must almost run 10 months out of the year over there along with a lot of water!

Weekly Update:
So this past week I had about 6 meetings at work ... where did all of these come from and why do I keep getting added to them?  I mean I know why but why!?!?!  Can't I just pretnd I was in them?  No granted some of the meetings are very structured and informative.  They don't mess around and those are great.  Others really drag on and on and then you get the sense of why am I here?  Oh well, I guess with so many meetings you will get the gambit of good, bad and worse.  Just keep me inside I guess with the AC!

At the movies:
Heroes are back on top as the newest reboot, Spider-Man: Homecoming swings into first place and earning 117 million.  slightly below expectations and with perfect movie-going weather this weekend so not sure why the dip.  Possibly a longer run time or just a bit of a box office burn out?  Word-of-mouth is good on this film so hopefully that will carry this over to some bigger numbers.  Dropping to #2 is "Despicable Me 3" with another 34 mil as it closes in on 150 mil cume.  Small drop to #3 is "Baby Driver" earning another 12.8 mil and has some solid reviews.  Holding ground at #4 is "Wonder Woman" still earning double digits with 10.1 mil and slowly making its way to a potential 400 mil domestic cume.  Rounding off the top 5 is "Transformers: The Last Knight" with another 6.3 mil and just barely crossing the 100 mil mark.

Quote of the week:
"I do not literally paint that table, but the emotion it produces upon me." - Henri Matisse

Facts & Tips:
At one time, serving ice cream on cherry pie in Kansas was prohibited.

"Oh bother, I don't remember thinking that through." - Jim Cummings as Winnie the Pooh in "Winnie the Pooh."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home