Monday, June 12, 2017

I think the Summer is now in full heat mode now ... it was so nice for so long but now we have hit the heatwave season.  Came later than normal but I hope that means it doesn't carry over longer now!  It was so miserable that I think we got hit with some humidity because after being outside for just a few minutes, I felt really gross and sticky ... and a little bit hard to breathe.  I am not asthmatic or anything but still, thicker air is harder to breathe through.  I just want some cold weather, always easier to warm up than to cool down.  When are we putting a dome over this city?!  Stadiums have domes, we can just extend it right?  No??

Weekly Update:
I got really sick on Saturday night, not sure if it was food poisoning or something else but it sure kept me up all night and several trips to the bathroom thinking I might throw-up.  I didn't but took the dog's water dish to put by the side of the bed just in case.  At one point I wish I would throw-up because I thought it would make the stomach pains go away!  But, I didn't, so was miserable for the whole night and had to call in sick to work.  About mid-day started to feel way better but thought it best to completely rest and let it run its course (whatever that may be) so I can be normal again ... well, semi-normal anyway.  Man, stomach bugs are nasty.

At the movies:
The Amazonian princess keeps the crown for another week as "Wonder Woman" holds onto #1 with an extra 57.2 mil.  Now past 200 mil domestic (400+ worldwide), its on the road to break 300 mil.  New at #2 is The Mummy with 32.3 mil and right on estimations.  Word-of-mouth is fair on this so it should fall quickly.  Holding on to #3 is "Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie" with another 12.3 mil as it crawls along.  Still hanging on at #4 is "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales" with 10.7 mil as it also struggles along.  Rounding off the top 5 is "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2" with 6.2 mil as it quickly wraps up.

New movies that did not make the top 5:
Two this week, first up is It Comes at Night at #6 with only 6 mil and actually right at expectations for this genre film for this time frame.  New at #8 is Megan Leavey with only 3.8 mil and again right at expectations.

Quote of the week:
"The home is the chief school of human virtues." - William Ellery Channing

Facts & Tips:
The world's first escalator was built in Coney Island, NY, in 1896.

"My Name is Lillian and I am an alcoholic. I'm rich, I'm fabulously rich. I'm also generous and kind hearted. My father died when I was young and my mother was absent most of the time. Is this an excuse for making a mockery of my life? Oh it all looks very wild from the outside, I once went to bed with three European Princesses at the same time but A, I cant remember anything about it, and B, apparently I vomited over two of them before losing control of my bladder on the third, oh yes all such fun. Until the fog parts and suddenly there's a hole so big that all the vintage champagne and all the bat mobiles on the world can't fill it. Then I'm all alone on my magnetic bed, wondering what venereal disease I've just caught." - Helen Mirren as Hobson in "Arthur."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home