Monday, June 19, 2017

Its getting hotter!!!  Ugh, they say it was only in the high 80's to low 90's but it felt like 100 with no breeze and just straight heat on your face and body.  I had a lot of walking around to do and after just being outside for 10 minutes I just wanted to lay down and sleep ... or die, whichever is easier.  But this past weekend I did spend a lot of time outside and it was a bit brutal ... once I got back inside I didn't want to move an inch.  But, this is the summer I expect but I can still not like it.  I have a feeling all the water we got will soon be gone and fast!  Then, we will be back in drought mode again because we did not get nearly enough as we needed.

Weekly Update:
So this was fun, I won a prize!  I won a major award!  But this was a reward rather than award.  At work we have this contest that I enter each time they put something up, can't count how many times I have entered different contest but I won one!  So this past weekend I got a 2 night stay at the Disneyland Hotel including club level service and tickets with VIP seats to a "Cars 3" screening on Saturday morning.  I was pretty fun but the big part of the trip with the club level service called the E-Ticket Club.  I must have stayed in there for hours enjoying all the free snacks, drinks and the times they had food.  So basically had dinner in there for 2 nights with meatballs, mini pizzas, and just other random snack foods.  But they had what seemed to be Martinelli sparking apple juice and kept bringing them to me.  It was just a really nice weekend and I hope I win again!

At the movies:
A new number one crosses the finish line this weekend as Cars 3 earns the cup and 53.6 million to open.  Solid reviews and film, should easily break 100 mil after a few laps and almost right on estimations.  Holding ground at #2 is "Wonder Woman" earning another 40.8 mil as it passes 250 mil domestic (570+ world wide).  still on course to break 350 domestic.  New at #3 is All Eyes On Me with an amazing 27.1 mil, slightly above expectations.  Drop down to #4 is "The Mummy" with 13.9 mil as it struggles to reach 100 mil and unlikely will.  Rounding off the top 5 is 47 Meters Down with 11.5 mil and right about expected too.

New movies that did not make the top 5:
Just one this week as Rough Night comes in at #7 with only 8.1 mil and no surprises there.  As mentioned before, I think the campaign for this was confusing as to what kind of movie this was suppose to be.

Quote of the week:
"The most seductive thing about art is the personality of the artist himself." - Paul Cezanne

Facts & Tips:
It is illegal in the United Kingdom to handle salmon in suspicious circumstances.

"I'm surprised you didn't come here sooner." Joe Turkel as Dr. Eldon Tyrell in "Blade Runner."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home